Unraid Folder Empty

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

First off, I'm very new to Unraid so I apologize for any part I got wrong. But one of the best ways to get corrected is to post wrong the on the internet haha

I finished installing Unraid on my server and built the array and everything seems to be working on that end.

I then tried to connect to it via Windows Explorer. I had issues with this, but after googling it I got it to work via enabling the Group Policy "enable insecure guest logons"

But now that I'm to access the folder, there's then nothing in the folder (and can't create/copy anything into it).

From Googling, I already tried the "New Permissions" Tools (doing it for All Disks and All Drives), and that has not helped.

I have tried going directly to the drive (so appending /mnt/disk1 in windows explorer) and get a "Windows Cannot Access \\BACKUP\mnt\disk1" error. Same goes for trying to directly go to a share.

What am I doing wrong/missing?

unraid.png

Edited by nny00000
fixed image
  • Solution

Are you trying to access a User Share?    If so then make sure the SMB settings for the share do not have the Export option set to No (which is the default).    For security reasons you have to actively use one of the other options to make it visible on the network.

if you had provided your Unraid system’s diagnostics zip file we would have been able to see if this was actually the mistake you have made.

• Like 1