Please help :( All dockers disappeared, everything appears gone - but I have a docker.img?

Jazmodo
Go to solution Solved by Jazmodo,

As the title says.... been tinkering a lot recently. Last night I was trying to trim down the docker file, as it appeared too large.

Somethings gone wrong, and all my dockers stopped working. 

I rebooted the server, and all the dockers went offline, couldn't restart them.

I turned off the Docker in settings, and turned it back on again - now everything has gone?

I still have a docker.img in system/docker.... but no idea what to do now, scared I'll break things further.

Can post logs/screenshots if anyone can advise/help/assist

These logs indicated the issue, but now all the dockers have completely vanished:

rc.docker: nextcloud: Error response from daemon: stat /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/0a818820b2c6ac7a48acd4bdda2b933b9d57390e230e4136467e2f64e02a69c1: no such file or directory

Aug 29 16:58:22 rc.docker: Error: failed to start containers: nextcloud

Aug 29 16:58:22 rc.docker: nzbgetvpn: Error response from daemon: stat /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/e906cbb8b9e0a3d56bd4112fa212c566908de681b5feae69c2858e83278ad0b8: no such file or directory

I then tried to follow this: 

I did (luckily?) download a copy of the docker.img, but having tried putting the docker in the old & a new location, none of the dockers are even showing.

Bit of a newbie when it comes to this, so maybe I've just broken everything and need to start again... but hopefully not.

• Solution

Ok - well A) I shouldn't have panicked & B) I should've read more before posting.

Wiped the broken/corrupt Docker.img using the docker settings, then just restarted to build a new blank docker.img

Reinstalled all dockers using the 'Previous Apps' in the App tab, which also had all ports/settings saved - Godsend, was my biggest worry - all the configs & settings I shoud've screenshot, but didn't.

Small issued with Swag, MariaDB, HomeAssistant, Zigbee2MQTT, and Mosquitto - but all seem to be working internally & externally again. Relief...