Set mover script to run at 8am in the morning?

Interstellar

the default mover script is 3:40AM

just change the Mover schedule from  40 3 * * *

to 20 8 * * * for 8:20 in the AM. I would give your server at least 10 min to boot just in case.

Another option might be to see if you can have find/create some sort of script that runs the mover prior to going to sleep. that way, when the server wakes in the morning, it is ready to rock and roll instead of dealing with transactions from the day before.

The BIOS scheduling should wake the server, or turn it on. I've had this running successfully for a few months now.

Excellent.

the default mover script is 3:40AM

just change the Mover schedule from  40 3 * * *

to 20 8 * * * for 8:20 in the AM. I would give your server at least 10 min to boot just in case.

Another option might be to see if you can have find/create some sort of script that runs the mover prior to going to sleep. that way, when the server wakes in the morning, it is ready to rock and roll instead of dealing with transactions from the day before.

The reason I want it done in the morning is the server is in my bedroom, hence when my Mac goes to sleep I want the server to go to sleep too.

Having it done in the morning an hour before I get up means it's not keeping me awake as well as being ready to rock and roll by 9am ;)

Edit:

Apparently it can be done via linux command line.

Using something with "cat /proc/driver/rtc"

Anybody know how to go about this? Googling only brings up guides for other linux distro's that don't work for slack, or at least the UnRAID build of it. :/

Edit:

Anybody know how to go about this? Googling only brings up guides for other linux distro's that don't work for slack, or at least the UnRAID build of it. :/

What exactly "can be done" by accessing the rtc????

Peter

Edit:

What exactly "can be done" by accessing the rtc????

Peter

Setting the alarm using ACHI? Wake events and what not  ???

This: http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/alarm.html

Sadly im not entirely clued up on the working of Linux, but it seems it is possible to set the BIOS wake alarm from an OS.

I agree,

Just set it in the bios to wake at 8 and run your mover about 10 min after that.

It is not worth accidentally corrupting your mobo bios.

if you are going to mess with scripts to wake computers. i would stick to Wolcmd scripts.

It would be easier for me to run a simple line of code or a script because I have to move the server to connect it to the screen and that is just effort haha!

Oh well, never mind!

Archived