Configure Windows VM Networking for best throughput when accessing Unraid Shares over SMB

Pardon my ignorance, I'm hoping someone could guide me in this or point me in the right direction. I'm wondering how to best set up the networking between my Windows VM and Unraid. I'm wondering if there is a way to keep the traffic between my Unraid shares and Windows VM within the Unraid server so bandwidth isn't bottlenecked by my gigabit router. I know that the Virtual NIC Unraid uses is 10 gbit so I was wondering how I can configure things so traffic internal to the Unraid server gets the full 10 gbit throughput. For example if I access a file on one of my Unraid shares mounted over SMB I don't want the rest of my network to be a bottleneck if possible.

I'm wondering if there is a way to achieve this with a VLAN, I just don't know how to do it and I'm hoping there is a guide somewhere that can help me achieve this.

Thanks!!

I think I figured this out. First I created a VLAN it was called br0.2. Unraid was assigned the IP 169.254.246.19. I modified my SMB extras and added: 

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo br0 br0.2

Then I added a second NIC to my VM and bound it to br0.2. On my Windows VM I mapped my shares using \\169.254.246.19\share. It seems now that the traffic is staying within Unraid! If anyone sees this I'd appreciate any feedback. I hope I got this figured out right.