Mover No room on device error after drive filled up

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I build my daughters unraid servers (they live out of state and this gives me off site redundancy and allows them access to some shared files. When I built the severs I threw a handful of drives In, smaller drives thinking I wouldn't mirror that much data.... Well their drives filled up and their cache drives filled up. I have added more data drives and tries kicking off mover to dump the cache data to the new drives and received the error (in the active logging) of "step 3 {time} server name file path Dest path (28) no space left on device"

I then used unbalance to move some files off the full drives to the new drives and tried again, same error

I changed the cache setting for each share to prefer (I want it this way in the future so transfers don't hang if the cache fills up) 

Same error 

I read on a different post to change the split behavior, it was on automatically split, I changed to to all other options and received the same error each time. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? The servers are going back out of state tomorrow morning and gaining physical access to them will be out of the option, and we interface access is a pain but doable. 

• Solution
11 minutes ago, bilbo6209 said:

I changed the cache setting for each share to prefer (I want it this way in the future so transfers don't hang if the cache fills up) 

Same error 

This means you want files moved TO the flash drive - is this what you want?

you might want to check that you have a sensible value for the Minimum Free Space setting for the cache drive and the User Shares

I thought prefer was prefer to use the cache, but won't stop transfer if the cache fills up, the files will go to the shares directly instead. 

I started to adjust the minimum space on the shares.... But if all shares are on all drives won't it always have all free space on the drives? But will this correct the current issue?