New to Unraid - My build

Hi all.

New user here. I have been using a Synology DS918+ for the last 5 years. It has been plain sailing and worked flawlessly for me over the duration. Up until now, the lack of processing power hasn't been an issue. Now I am dealing with unpacking of large files (which would take in the region of 25-30 mins each) I decided to build my own server with a bit more oomph and migrate to unraid.

My build is as follows:

OS at time of building: unRAID 6.12.4 - currently using the trial but will be upgrading to a paid license

CPU: Intel Core i5 12600K

Cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2

Motherboard: Gigabyte H610i DDR4 mITX

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 3200MHz DDR4

Case: Fractal Node 304

Power Supply: 550 EVGA SuperNOVA 80+ Gold

Storage: 4x 8TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives - 1 used for parity

Cache: 1TB Western Digital Blue SN570

Cooling: Stock case fans (may upgrade in the near future - see below)

The build is complete and the server has been up for a few days. The only issue I have had up to press is a warning for the cache drive reaching a high temp. The likelihood is that I will invest in a heatsink from Be Quiet! This is one of the downsides to building in such a small case. I am currently looking at upgarding the fans and potentially modding the case to aid in air flow.

I must say that this has been a fun build, considering I haven't built a computer for nealry 20 years and have opted for off the shelf stuff as of late.

Coming from Synology which, by design, is very user friendly... Are there any settings/configuration options that I may need to be aware of or which are worthwhile using? I've seen a settings for spinning down the drives which I will do some more research on. I assume this is the put them at idle and save on power consumption when not in use?

I will edit my post shortly and upload some photos should anyone wish to see. It's a bit of a mess inside as the cable management is pretty much none existent. Again, if anyone has any tips on how to cable manage in a node 304 it would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting involved on the forums and learning about Unraids potential.

1 hour ago, Lolight said:

How high?

Pictures are always welcome!

When unpacking large files i've seen temps of around 65 degrees celsius. It soon drops after the unpack is complete. My reason for concern is because according to the manufacturer the safe working range is 0-70 degrees. On the other hand i've seen other say that higher temps with this drive are normal and don't cause any issues. I'd rather be safe than sorry though.