We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

add cache drive all user shares is gone

naxiand

like the title says after a clean power down added a new drive reboot server,all ok but all user shares is missing.

Although i havent loose any files,meaning disk1 has the ''Media'' share with files in it,disk2...etc

Tried to make the share again(with the exact name) but then it seems exmpty. Tried reboot server cant unmount so ,from telnet reboot and now i am the parity stage(since no clean reboot).

Attached the sys log is someone can help me trough this out (unraid version 4.7)

regards

ps. the sys.log is before rebooting from telnet

syslog-2011-09-11.txt

some more feedback since i came back home......

parity is at 42% and i am sure will finish with no errors.....i try to create any kind of share with any possible configuration,but when i try to copy a file on it ,it writes that there is no free space..... ??? except disk4 that has 25gb free,all other drives have more than 150bg free.......

This thing drives me crazy......maybe its an licence issue ....i have take cache drive out and all shares came back. I have recently upgrade to pro version and at the web configuration its written unRAID Server Pro. since the drive i add it its the 8th seems that it doesnt see the new licence correctly......

I tought it might have been an license error since i had kept the plus linsence as key1.back insite the usb...so reboot and problem seemed fixed. I have resigned the cache drive,all user shares still there all seems ok. My fault i think.....reboot server today user shares is gone.....so it is not license fault....if i take cache drive out all comes back.....

I am a little disappointed because i wrote to support at lime tech and not even bothered to answer since 2 days now...... I 'll try one more time and see what happens

syslog-2011-09-13.txt

well still no answer from lime tech nothing,even though i had a mail that will be looked nothing still......i quess i had high expectations from a paid linux that will have official support when problem occurs. i quested wrong  ::) problem wasnt crucial , but what if it was? ???

anyway @dgaschk i followed you advice i had one more usb with the latest beta formated it and have copy the files from the first usb ,boot and worked :) I dont understand how since was exact copy but it did the trick seems.

Thanks again for the hint :)

well still no answer from lime tech nothing,even though i had a mail that will be looked nothing still......i quess i had high expectations from a paid linux that will have official support when problem occurs. i quested wrong  ::) problem wasnt crucial , but what if it was? ???

Most of time, if the community can answer the question and help out (like in this case) then Lime-Tech does not reply to the email.  The amount of emails that Lime-Tech gets is probably quite a bit, that leads to prioritizing the ones that come in.

anyway @dgaschk i followed you advice i had one more usb with the latest beta formated it and have copy the files from the first usb ,boot and worked :) I dont understand how since was exact copy but it did the trick seems.

Thanks again for the hint :)

It may have been a slightly marginal flash drive or a bad copy over of the unRAID files.

But the community do it free willing if they know and have the time to give advice. And that's the beauty of it.

Unless the mods working for lime tech.

The server was working one week perfect... problem occurred when add the cache drive...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

But the community do it free willing if they know and have the time to give advice. And that's the beauty of it.

That is correct, we are doing this for essentially free and in our own time.  I have to say though that this community is one of the best I have EVER been a part of.

Unless the mods working for lime tech.

We don't work for Lime-Tech, we are just a part of the community and members that Lime-Tech has recognized as being worthy of wielding the proverbial yard stick.

The server was working one week perfect... problem occurred when add the cache drive...

stuff happens, god knows I have had some weird things happen.

If the community can't answer it, or us mods feel it deserves the attention of Lime-Tech we will typically drop an email/PM/etc that way.

Ok like I wrote had more expectations... right or wrong.

For example Linux is free not for sale... so like when I buy an online booking software with joomla, I don't pay for joomla but for the after sale support.

Don't take me wrong don't argue but this was what I was used to....

Overall I am satisfied from unraid

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Archived