Trouble installing apps

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Unraid v6.12.4

-Installed plugins: Community Applications 2023.08.27, Fix Common Problems 2023.07.09, GPU Statistics 2023.09.07, Nvidia Driver 2023.09.03, Unassigned Devices 2023.09.10, Unassigned Devices Plus 2023.08.14, Unraid Connect 2023.09.08.0637

-Installed Dockers: binhex-krusader, binhex-plex

Hi, I'm an unraid noob, brand new to the system in the last few days.  My apologies in advance if my question isn't the right format or is in the wrong place, I've actually never posted a question on a forum before.  I've been hunting for some time for something online that looks like a solution I can understand and follow, but without any luck.  In order to preserve my wits and prevent any more hair from falling out, I'm hoping someone might be able to guide me through this.  I'm running into an issue installing apps (which I'm attempting from Community Applications).  I have no problem searching for and seeing the available apps, but when I try to install one I get an error message at the bottom of the Add Container window stating "Unable to find image 'APPNAME:latest' locally" followed on the next line by a lengthy docker error about the network being unreachable, with "The command failed" finishing off the task (see attached image).  I managed to get a couple of dockers installed as well as some plugins, but something is now preventing me from adding more.  I had a friend helping me with some setup over the phone, and I can't honestly say what we changed, tweaked, etc as this is all brand new to me and I have no background in anything like this.  My knowledge level is "windows user" and my networking ability is "find available network and hopefully I remember what the password was".  This feels like it might be an issue with my docker or network settings, but I have no idea what any of them are or what they do and my phone friend hasn't been able to help (entirely possible we've already gone down the wrong road somewhere and made it worse, and his next suggestion was to Nuke everything and start over... not ideal).  I've been watching unraid youtube videos but everything just seems to work for everyone...    

I've attached the diagnostic file which may include information about a bad unassigned drive(?) (I accidentally knocked an 18tb external hard drive off my desk while doing my first server upload via krusader thus destroying the hard drive I was trying to protect by switching over to an Unraid array in the first place... hilarious).  So on top of my app problems I've also lost about half my data, so my mental state is fragile, lol.  Anyway, I think we can ignore the bad drive problem if it shows up and just focus on the installation of apps?  Any help anyone can offer would be tremendously appreciated.  And if could be in a VERY basic step-by-step form I'll try my best to follow along!  Thanks!!! 

Oh, no idea if this is relevant but my unraid server is connected via ethernet cable to one of the plugs in the WiFi router provided by my ISP.  I have no problem logging into the unraid web UI from any of the other other WiFi connected laptops in the house.  I only mention this as it seems network related and the error message I'm getting when trying to install apps includes a line about the network being unreachable.

Thanks again for even reading this far!

Cheers            

2023-09-12 14_36_24-Tower_AddContainer.png

tower-diagnostics-20230912-1420.zip

Thanks trurl!  I'd actually read through there and didn't see what looked like my particular issue, so was trying to post diagnostics and create a new thread as per the recommendations.  But going back through I ended up looking at the DNS comments (I don't know what that is, but found something that looked applicable in my networks settings and gave it an edit).

Network Settings --> IPv4 DNS server assignment (set to static)

Network Settings --> IPv4 DNS server: 8.8.8.8 

I'm not sure if these other values matter, but I have:

IPv4 DNS server 2: 192.168.1.1 

IPv4 DNS server 3: 8.8.4.4

Whatever this does seems to have worked.  I hope it helps someone else out!