HDDs appear in Bios but not Unraid GUI

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Do you mean in the HBA BIOS? Linux is not detecting the controller, this is not a software issue, try a different PCIe slot if available or test the HBA in a different computer to confirm it's working.

Sorry, I meant the disks are seen in the Motherboard Bios.

I was using the main pcie slot 16x, attached it to the 8x, still no dice.

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try a different computer if you can, the HBA could be dead.

I plugged it into my main Windows computer, I think the card bios popped up with initializing, then the mobo bios. After that, I could see the disk I plugged in on Disk Management. So doesn't look to be dead thankfully.

I guess its the mobo my server is on? I don't really know what else to do. Hoping I don't have to replace it. 😭

Edited by Botan

Embarrassing realization, I mistakenly thought it was recognizing HDDs but I got things mixed up.

So like JorgeB said, it wasn't being detected by the system at all. 

This is the card I bought. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165938356535

I've tried the tape trick since since I'm out of leads but no dice on either 16 or 8 slot.

I might just have to resort to a newer mobo set at this point.

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Could be just a compatibility issue with that board, look for a BIOS update and then reset CMOS, most likely won't make a difference but worth a try. 

Flashed it to most recent Bios and now looks like it gets recognized! Now it does this hanging on mobo splash screen thing after the sas initlization, and didn't boot until I plugged in a keyboard randomly. I figure its something to do with some boot order or bios setting I'll have to tinker with.

In my frustration though, I saw someone selling a i5-7500 with mobo for a pretty decent price and figured I may as well upgrade from the 3570k for Plex. So now its a moot point I suppose, unless that mobo decides to mess with me too.

I appreciate ya JorgeB, thank you very much for your input. 🙌