unRaid randomly rebooted

Go to solution Solved by [email protected],

I recently replaced my old unRAID server with a Corei9 Gigabyte systemboard. Ever since the replacement, my server has been randomly rebooted. It usually goes for many hours and then reboot.  The only thing that didn't get replaced with my system are all my existing hard drives. I noticed from syslog I have one hard drive that is giving out some errors. I don't know if that is causing the system to crash and reboot. I hope someone can give me some ideas how to tackle this.

tower-diagnostics-20230915-2359.zip

• Solution

I tested my new memory with memtest86. No errors found. After doing some further troubleshooting, what I narrowed down my issue is a little strange but I have fixed it. I have Plex running under docker. On one of its setting where you define the Transcoder folder location, I have misspelled the transcode folder entry. It was supposed to be "Transcode" instead of "transcode". As soon as the media content is played which require transcoding, it will run for a minute or two then reboot the server. After correcting the spelling, system is running stable again. I thought my finding can help someone if they run into the same siltation.