Plex playback issues during concurrent tasks on High-Spec Server

Efekan

I'm encountering some performance issues with my server, which I've configured with dual Intel Xeon E5-2683 v4 CPUs, 256GB of RAM, an 8TB Samsung QVO 870 SSD, and an Nvidia Quadro P2000 graphics card. My network setup supports 1 Gbps upload and download speeds. Primarily, I use this setup to stream content locally via the PS5 Plex player.

The problem arises when I engage in specific background tasks while streaming. For instance, everything runs smoothly when I stream movies that require transcoding of audio, subtitles, and video, provided no other tasks are running in the background.

However, if I download multiple movies via Radarr, which then get stored on the SSD, and Plex starts generating thumbnails and identifying skip-credit sequences, that's when performance degrades. Despite having set the priority for background transcoding tasks to be lower, I encounter severe buffering and occasional errors indicating that playback is not possible. I've monitored the server load during these periods and found CPU usage to be around 30% and GPU usage to be around 10%.

Given these conditions, I find it hard to believe that the server is struggling with multitasking. I'm also skeptical that the transcoding of audio and subtitles alone could be causing this. Are there any troubleshooting steps or settings adjustments that you would recommend I explore?

afbeelding.png.72609f289a57008beda10bddda83ca58.pngafbeelding.thumb.png.df5566baf40e591418053ac44b0a8f87.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.e6aef741c613edb04f1b4e84228167e0.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.e510770ea2c920172111df4d82a9d4f9.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.b971cb51ec59caab2ec4ebc52f9df6dd.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.00e02f659961d7a3024c95d525c1f4cf.png

Edited by Efekan