IBM M1015 SAS/SATA controller with bracket and 2 forward cables - $115 shipped

bcbgboy13

I have a couple of IBM ServeRAID M1015 LSI 9220-8i PCI-E SAS/SATA RAID 46M0861 controllers for sale together with forward breakout cables SFF8087 to 4 SATA (with latch)

Price is $95 shipped Priority mail in continental USA for the controller only.

Additional Forward Breakout cables are $10 each (max 2 per card) with no extra charge.

International shipping available for an additional $15 (this will cover up to 2 controllers and 4 cables)

These are like new controllers as far as I know (factory sealed) and they do come with the full height PCI bracket.

SATA 6Gpbs / 3TB+ HDs compatible with flashing to "IT" firmware - more info here - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.0

Full support in the latest Unraid 5 Betas.

m1015.th.jpg

As there are reported some difficulties flashing these cards you can select to get:

- the controller in "as is" condition;

- programmed with the latest available IBM firmware;

- cross flashed with the latest available LSI "IT" firmware - the Unraid preferred option

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad that they are gone for the time being.

However I also have:

1. one used SuperMicro SASLP

2. one used BR10i with full size bracket

3. three DELL SAS 6 i/R (two BNIB and one used and flashed with LSI IT firmware)

Cable offer available for all of them. (cables are different)

How much for the SASLP and two cables?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a couple of IBM ServeRAID M1015 LSI 9220-8i PCI-E SAS/SATA RAID 46M0861 controllers for sale together with forward breakout cables SFF8087 to 4 SATA (with latch)

Additional Forward Breakout cables are $10 each (max 2 per card) with no extra charge.

International shipping available for an additional $15 (this will cover up to 2 controllers and 4 cables)

These are like new controllers as far as I know (factory sealed) and they do come with the full height PCI bracket.

SATA 6Gpbs / 3TB+ HDs compatible with flashing to "IT" firmware - more info here - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.0

m1015.th.jpg

As there are reported some difficulties flashing these cards you can select to get:

- cross flashed with the latest available LSI "IT" firmware - the Unraid preferred option

I know this is old are you still selling these cards?

m1015.th.jpg

Here's one on eBay for $94 that includes a low profile bracket. You could sell that bracket and order the full height bracket for $10 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-SERVERAID-M1015-ADAPTER-PCI-E-2-0-X8-RAID-CONTROLLER-CARD-46M0861-LOW-P-/310646099133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4853f34cbd

m1015.th.jpg

Here's one on eBay for $94 that includes a low profile bracket. You could sell that bracket and order the full height bracket for $10 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-SERVERAID-M1015-ADAPTER-PCI-E-2-0-X8-RAID-CONTROLLER-CARD-46M0861-LOW-P-/310646099133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4853f34cbd

Awesome...thanks @mrow...do you know if this is still a good card for this price to get or is something better out now? Thanks!

m1015.th.jpg

Awesome...thanks @mrow...do you know if this is still a good card for this price to get or is something better out now? Thanks!

Nope, this is still the card to get. Just ordered myself another one two weeks ago when a guy popped up on eBay with 3 for sale at $80 each.

awesome ill order one now. The seller of that link you posted said 15$ extra for regular height card...seems steep to me but whatever. Did you flash the card? and if so which firmware did you flash it with? Thanks

Both of my cards are flash to IT with version P15. If you want to use the card in JBOD mode (which is how you would want them flashed if using for unraid or ZFS, etc....any use case you don't want hardware RAID) you want to flash it to IT.

Unless you don't care about the $5 bucks, just buy the full height bracket separately and sell the half height or use it for something else. Sellers are selling the full height bracket for $10 shipped.

Looking for one of these for $80 or so, more with the breakout cables. None to be found :/

I got lucky. Someone posted the deal I got in the Good Deals forum and I happened to be browsing at the time. I don't think $94 shipped is such a bad deal though. That listing I posted earlier ended but here is another one from the same seller/same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-SERVERAID-M1015-ADAPTER-PCI-E-2-0-X8-RAID-CONTROLLER-CARD-46M0861-LOW-P-/190826249748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e217e14

The low profile card is a PIA to work with. $95 isn't so bad but I have to spend another $10-15 hunting down a full height slot card.

Have a saved search on ebay setup tho!

I have one of these cards and I'm using it without a bracket at all. Fits snug and works fine.

Before I bought a bracket I just used a twist tie to secure it to a vent in the port bracket cover and through one of the screw holes on the card itself. Ghetto but it worked.

The low profile card is a PIA to work with. $95 isn't so bad but I have to spend another $10-15 hunting down a full height slot card.

Have a saved search on ebay setup tho!

I have one of these cards and I'm using it without a bracket at all. Fits snug and works fine.

I know that it will, my inner perfectionist will not allow me to do this...

Hey everyone pardon my ignorance please...i did a google search first but didnt find what i needed. at least not an answer i was confident in. I just got theIBM SERVERAID M1015 ADAPTER PCI-E 2.0 X8 RAID CONTROLLER CARD 46M0861 as suggested here thank you very much. Now I need the cables will these over at monoprice work? I dont know if these are correct for this card...Thanks once again! http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10254&cs_id=1025406&p_id=8187&seq=1&format=2

Yes, those are the right cables. However unless you have a huge case I'd go for the .5 meter cables so you don't have loose cabling hanging all over the place that you have to try to tuck away. Remember, 0.5 meters is a bit over 1.6 feet. That additional .25 meters is almost another foot of cable.