I7 13700K and ASUS PRO WS W680-ACE IPMI Optimizations

On 1/12/2024 at 5:50 AM, casperse said:

Great write up!
I just got the MB but with a Bios: v. 3101
And I cant find a way to set the (1-2) AI Tweaker > Efficiency Core Ratio: By Core Usage and for all E-Core apply 36
Anymore instead I have this, and its not possible to input 36
image.thumb.png.3b54f83e4531394e7cb76f303d5d86ed.png

IMPORTANT: I just installed the GIGABYTE - AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor, PCIe 4.0 GC-4XM2G4 in the 8x bifurcation slot and it dosent work on this MB, no matter what I do, even setting it to 16x and removing all card it only sees 1 Nvme 😞
IF ANYONE HERE have a Nvme expansion card that works on this Motherboard then please write me! 🙂

did you get the nvme expander card to work?

On 1/19/2024 at 4:33 AM, engin33rh3r3 said:

did you get the nvme expander card to work?

No it only works with 1 Nvme and my goal was to have 2 (8x slot) I think its because the card would need to bifurc. to 4x/4x on the slot? and not the 8x/8X in this MB.

I am now looking into installing a dual U.2 PCIe card. (Much longer run life time and IO performance is great) and keeping my NVMe on the board (3 of them)
image.thumb.png.afdb06d2d06c07d4a94368ab852ed988.png
And prices is going down on some U.2 drives (8TB).

Also looking into using the slimsas on the MB for a U.2 drive
image.png.a1068faeed41ab77d621e8f9ff4d1e0f.png

Edited by casperse
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 12:50 PM, casperse said:

Great write up!
I just got the MB but with a Bios: v. 3101
And I cant find a way to set the (1-2) AI Tweaker > Efficiency Core Ratio: By Core Usage and for all E-Core apply 36
Anymore instead I have this, and its not possible to input 36
image.thumb.png.3b54f83e4531394e7cb76f303d5d86ed.png

IMPORTANT: I just installed the GIGABYTE - AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor, PCIe 4.0 GC-4XM2G4 in the 8x bifurcation slot and it dosent work on this MB, no matter what I do, even setting it to 16x and removing all card it only sees 1 Nvme 😞
IF ANYONE HERE have a Nvme expansion card that works on this Motherboard then please write me! 🙂

Have anyone revised the recommended settings with the new Bios above? (Efficient Cores)

1. Since this thread is about the IPMI - Have anyone gotten the e-mail notification working on the IPMI? if yes what email provider?
  2. Booting up with GUI on Unraid only get terminal prompt with user/password login? (Only have VGA terminal monitor attached)
  3. Following the guide to control the i9 power draw not sure I am getting the best result. Bios: v. 3101 havent found the right settings for E-cores?

BTW Using the IPMI for adjusting Fan speed:

I am really happy with the FAN control on the IPMI with the right cables (High amp fans) and the extra power connector its pretty great!

image.png.ce50d01a8a8e183ae1e627e06e1dc096.png

UPDATE: Bios to 3101, it seem that the settings for the iGPU might have changed?

image.thumb.png.cc0e999cfc8b812855dfff1081d45163.png

Edited by casperse

HELP !!!!
I have now tried all below 3 Bios versions:

BIOS 3101 - (No IGPU and memory settings, see manuel above)

BIOS 2802 - micro code for 14th gen (No IGPU and memory settings)

BIOS 2703 - (No IGPU and memory settings)

No matter what Bios I use I cant get the iGPU to show up in Unraid?

And I cant get the HDMI output working, no matter what I do it outputs to the IPMI VGA?
And its like the iGPU is disabled?

Could someone please share what setting they have and that are working?

I have tried everything... only HDMI attached to the monitor

All 3 options to boot by: Auto, PEG Slot, PCIe no matter what I cant get any output

And that result in Unraid not seeing any iGPU?

image.png.247a45ddd3cf3b44967135ba555b0d1b.png

Solved: Bios setting CSM disabled!

Edited by casperse
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 7:25 AM, casperse said:

Have anyone revised the recommended settings with the new Bios above? (Efficient Cores)

What did you ever do for your i9 settings?  I have one and want to power it down a hair for energy without losing too much processing power.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:19 PM, theDrell said:

What did you ever do for your i9 settings?  I have one and want to power it down a hair for energy without losing too much processing power.

I followed the guide for the i7 (I believe) and the only difference is that the efficient cores are all auto.
Doing the Passmark I can see that I pretty much have 50% of the score with these settings, witch is fine (Its a beast!).

• Like 1