Migrating from Unraid to Proxmox + Unraid - can't setup disks: Device is disabled, contents emulated

I'm in the process of migrating from a single Unraid box to virtualizing it using Proxmox.

I've installed Proxmox, created a VM and setup the pass through for the physical drives (not for the entire PCIe).

Unraid boots and looks fine, but when I try to setup the disks, pointing the scsi-disk to where the previous physical disk was, it displays the message "Wrong" and "Parity device is disabled" and "Device is disabled, contents emulated". It doesn't allow me to start the array.

My Proxmox setup:

proxmox.jpg.0ca6e0bb636d5c7a75e36c9014ec9cf6.jpg

Unraid disk setup:

unraid.jpg.e9cfcfda09e0b1fcfebcff1b2d15e87d.jpg

How can I fix this, preferably without passing through the entire controller? (can't see it in the list and I want to add drives not used in Unraid to it).

1 hour ago, ChrisK2 said:

I'm in the process of migrating from a single Unraid box to virtualizing it using Proxmox.

I've installed Proxmox, created a VM and setup the pass through for the physical drives (not for the entire PCIe).

Unraid boots and looks fine, but when I try to setup the disks, pointing the scsi-disk to where the previous physical disk was, it displays the message "Wrong" and "Parity device is disabled" and "Device is disabled, contents emulated". It doesn't allow me to start the array.

My Proxmox setup:

proxmox.jpg.0ca6e0bb636d5c7a75e36c9014ec9cf6.jpg

Unraid disk setup:

unraid.jpg.e9cfcfda09e0b1fcfebcff1b2d15e87d.jpg

How can I fix this, preferably without passing through the entire controller? (can't see it in the list and I want to add drives not used in Unraid to it).

You may be able to fix it by using Tools->New Config and then specifying the new Id for them that is being generated as part of the pass-through mechanism.   I am not a ProxMox user so cannot be sure that would work, but that does work for other emulators.