How to search for files on Unraid GUI?

stevejjd
Go to solution Solved by dboonthego,

3 minutes ago, dboonthego said:

@itimpi - Is unRAIDFindDuplicate_v1.5.zip the most recent version of your script?  I was reading this thread the other day and this post reminded me I need to go back and download it.

Yes it has not been updated in a very long time as there seemed little point unless I was going to put the effort into trying to convert it into a plugin with a GUI front-end.   A point to note is that it only looks at main array drives - does not include pools (which I guess could be done as an enhancement if there was demand for it).

Having said that I have not validated that it still runs fine on the 6.12 releases but it should as far as I know.

9 minutes ago, dboonthego said:

Thanks.  Do you happen to know if @Joe L.'s script is still available somewhere?  The link in that thread is broken and I'm interested his too.

Not that I know of.   I would suspect that there are problems running it on recent Unraid releases. The UD version is probably now the best preclear version to use and at least it is actively maintained.

If you really need the Joe L version I may have a copy somewhere in my archives that I could PM to you.

1 hour ago, dboonthego said:

I was referring to his binary checksum duplicate files script.  (Didn't mean to take over this guy's thread, but maybe the info will help him.)

I don't even remember such an option from him :(   Note that my script can optionally do binary compares as well (albeit much slower than simple name compares).

• Solution
1 hour ago, stevejjd said:

is there a way to look at all the files on disk and also a search function through a GUI

You can choose to export disk shares which allows you to browse individual disks in file explorer.  There's no native search capability in the GUI.  I'm sure there's a docker out there that can catalog your files.

• Like 1