FS: My 12-drive unRAID Server

jdubs

Well guys,

I didn't think the day would come but I'd like to sell my 10-drive capable (might be able to shoehorn more dives than 12) unRAID server, consisting of:

Cooler Master 590 case

Intel E5200 Wolfdale CPU @ 2.5ghz

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 CPU cooler

Corsair Dominator 4gb of RAM

Asus P5Q Premium motherboard

PC Power and Cooling 750 watt PSU

2x SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B 5-in-3s

3x Cooler Master 120mm fans

Its worked really well for me (and is super quiet).  I just ran a parity check and had 0 errors.  

I just don't use it as much as I'd like.  I have a mixture of HDs (1tb and 2tb) and we can discuss selling those, too.  I'd love to sell it locally (NYC) but could ship it, too.

Let me know if you're interested and we can talk price.

-Jim

Well guys,

I didn't think the day would come but I'd like to sell my 10-drive capable (might be able to shoehorn more dives than 12) unRAID server, consisting of:

Cooler Master 590 case

Intel E5200 Wolfdale CPU @ 2.5ghz

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 CPU cooler

Corsair Dominator 4gb of RAM

Asus P5Q Premium motherboard

PC Power and Cooling 750 watt PSU

2x SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B 5-in-3s

3x Cooler Master 120mm fans

Its worked really well for me (and is super quiet).  I just ran a parity check and had 0 errors.  

I just don't use it as much as I'd like.  I have a mixture of HDs (1tb and 2tb) and we can discuss selling those, too.  I'd love to sell it locally (NYC) but could ship it, too.

Let me know if you're interested and we can talk price.

-Jim

Good luck with the sale, looks like a nice rig and I am sure it will make it's new owner very happy.

(If you are having trouble finding uses for the server... SABnzb and SickBeard will fill the drives in your unRAID server in no time)

Good luck with the sale, looks like a nice rig and I am sure it will make it's new owner very happy.

(If you are having trouble finding uses for the server... SABnzb and SickBeard will fill the drives in your unRAID server in no time)

Unless you're stuck with Comcast internet :( They limit you to 250GB bandwidth a month. They include both upload and download in their cap.

Unless you're stuck with Comcast internet :( They limit you to 250GB bandwidth a month. They include both upload and download in their cap.

Supposedly ATT has that cap to... I am waiting to get my first email about having hit my cap...

Supposedly ATT has that cap to... I am waiting to get my first email about having hit my cap...

Comcast will call you. And after two months of exceeding the cap they ban you from Comcast for 12 months. I've fallen behind big time since we moved to Denver and got Comcast. I work from home, so I'm streaming internet radio for 8+ hours a day, and we watch TV via online streaming as well. I ate up the cap in the 1st month in 3 days :lol:

Comcast will call you. And after two months of exceeding the cap they ban you from Comcast for 12 months. I've fallen behind big time since we moved to Denver and got Comcast. I work from home, so I'm streaming internet radio for 8+ hours a day, and we watch TV via online streaming as well. I ate up the cap in the 1st month in 3 days :lol:

My main problem is actually crashplan.  I have 3 family members backing up to my server including my own laptop, and then I have my server backing up to the cloud also, not the entire thing, but still over 250GB.  CrashPlan in combo with SickBeard will more than likely get my an email at some point.

Wow, and we conplain here in Canada. Comcast sounds brutal. I have a 50Mb down and 2Mb up link from Rogers, with a 195GB per month cap. But, on overage, they charge $1.25 per GB to a max of $50. SO every month I do between 700GB and 1.2TB of transfer, and just pay the extra 50 bucks. :) Rogers even upgraded my link for free, since I am such a heavy user :D

Shawn

now that this thread is so off topic,

Comcast users can upgrade to Comcast business for a few more bucks and remove the cap.

That is what i have been using for a while now and transfer about 2TB a month.

ps, nice starter unRAID for anyone that needs a prebuilt.

I pay $20/month for 12/2 and I get 18/4. Business is $65/month, plus you need to lease their crappy modem for $7/month, and there's no way to waive their install fee. This is what I was told by a Comcast Business rep. Have you found this to be true?

Maybe worth telling folks where you are based...  Could make a difference to what they'd be prepared to pay.  To those of us outside the US and Canada I guess it's not worth that much...  :P

"I'd love to sell it locally (NYC) but could ship it, too."... quote from the OP.

That being said... any idea on dimensions & weight?

I'd be interested in it for a backup , if the shipping isn't too much.

Maybe worth telling folks where you are based...  Could make a difference to what they'd be prepared to pay.  To those of us outside the US and Canada I guess it's not worth that much...  :P

"I'd love to sell it locally (NYC) but could ship it, too."... quote from the OP.

That being said... any idea on dimensions & weight?

I'd be interested in it for a backup , if the shipping isn't too much.

Good call...forgot to includes those details.  I'll figure out the weight when I get home.  The Cooler Master 590's dimensions are:

(W) 8.27 x (H) 17.32 x (D) 20.07 inch

Thanks guys.

Jim

Sorry - I missed that detail.  :-[ 

• 2 weeks later...