Music Player Plugin

jhugh

Requesting a Unraid Music Player Plugin that could take advantage of the speaker output jack already on the motherboard.

The plugin could read a folder for audio files and randomly shuffle and continuously loop through that folder. It would be nice if it could automatically detect and include or exclude recently added or removed audio files.

Only minimal controls (play, stop, pause) needed.

The idea would be to take advantage of existing hardware and to feed approved audio files into store, gym, lobby, elevator speaker systems, into a telephone PBX system for hold music, and other type environments.

• Upvote 1
On 9/26/2023 at 2:20 AM, jhugh said:

Requesting a Unraid Music Player Plugin that could take advantage of the speaker output jack already on the motherboard.

This is a bit difficult since you also need the sound drivers for that so that it will even work.

Theoretically I have a plugin for that which is not released to the public since it can be a bit difficult to set up and also not all sound cards will work depending on how it is implemented in the Motherboard.

Users where already successful using my sound-driver plugin (some times with the onboard sound chip, some times with a USB audio adapter) in combination with a Docker container to achieve that what you are trying to do.

My point here is to use a Docker instead of a Plugin.

• Thanks 1