New Shares Not Reporting All Available Free Space

ProgVirus
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I've been troubleshooting my array due to some odd behavior, and am now at the point where I've backed up my data and have deleted my shares altogether to start fresh.

I have 6 x 8TB drives, and am trying to create a share that spans across all 6 disks. Right now the drives are totally empty. The issue is that Unraid is reporting the free space as only 23.8TB total when it should be twice that. I haven't yet tried putting data on these new shares.

As a test, I created 6 individual shares, one per disk, and all are reporting the full free space except the share that spans across all drives. Please see screenshot below and logs attached.

Any ideas here? Thanks much, any help is appreciated, this has been super frustrating for me to troubleshoot.

EDIT: I just made more shares of different combinations. For example, a share that spans across Disk 1-5 and one that spans across disks 2-6. In both cases these report 39.7TB as expected. As soon as I make a share spanning across all of them however, we're back to 23.8TB.

image.thumb.png.9fce3972090b48a2c30fce7bf39114ec.png

image.png.346a5f38e09969b35697e8139e563840.png

diagnostics-20230926-1409.zip

Edited by ProgVirus
Additional Info

So with my other test share, they do appear to be reporting on free space when there's no folder. Eg. a test I made named 'Disks123' is reporting ~24TB of space, but only Disk3 has a folder named 'Disks123' (the other two don't)

That said, when I manually added the folder in, it does appear to work and calculate the free space properly, so I'm happy with this as a solution. Thanks!