Cannot log into the webui

trekt
Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

38 minutes ago, trekt said:

Yes that's correct but only when I'm using the IP address and not the hostname, I can login just fine if I use the hostname

That is weird :(   If you can get to the login screen I would not have thought that it made any difference if you got there via hostname or IP address.   

57 minutes ago, itimpi said:

That is weird :(   If you can get to the login screen I would not have thought that it made any difference if you got there via hostname or IP address.   

To clarify the login page does work but won't bring me to the webui unless I am using the hostname

• Solution

When you enable/disable SSL there is a warning in the webgui:

image.png

Basically, your browser is remembering that it used to use SSL for this url and it wants to keep using it. If you run into this, you need to close any other browser tabs that are pointed to the server and then clear your browser's cache. That should convince your browser to let you log in using the newly configured url.

• Like 1
On 10/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, ljm42 said:

When you enable/disable SSL there is a warning in the webgui:

image.png

Basically, your browser is remembering that it used to use SSL for this url and it wants to keep using it. If you run into this, you need to close any other browser tabs that are pointed to the server and then clear your browser's cache. That should convince your browser to let you log in using the newly configured url.

Thanks, that solved the issue.

• Like 1