LimeTech server for sale?

Hi,

first post here. Not quite sure where this should go, so please move if I've posted in the wrong place. I was wondering whether anyone was looking to sell a RB-1200 or MD-1510?

Or does anyone know where it is possible to find one to purchase?

Thanks!

Lime Tech has not sold servers in quite a while.  There are a few companies here that would be more than willing to build you a server.  The companies that will build server are located in this thread.  They are the first three threads in that forum.

You can get to my web site via the link in my signature

Please Lime-Tech at least update your web page! It doesn't take that much time or any resources to do that. I'm embarrassed to refer Lime-Tech to my friends because of this "no one is home" situation. Heck, I'll update your web page for free if that's the problem.

Send an email to LimeTech or a PM to me first.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I found myself wondering that too. The main website is extremely out-dated. Hard to sell a product on old out-dated information. Perhaps replacing the for sale section with links or sections for the companies on the forums that build/sell unraid equipment.

I too would be willing to help with this. Honestly, with the, to quote, "no ones home" situation, the website would probably be served better being converted to a CMS where the most trusted Mods on the forums would have easy access to update information, as well as making it easier for Toms updates, however infrequent, to be found and read. Forums still would need to be a must, but it shouldn't be where potential customers go for news.

I found myself wondering that too. The main website is extremely out-dated. Hard to sell a product on old out-dated information. Perhaps replacing the for sale section with links or sections for the companies on the forums that build/sell unraid equipment.

It sounded like from the Move thread in the announcement section, that part of the business move to CA has to do with getting a supplier to provide Limetech branded servers.  At least, I think I recall reading that there.

Not in the move thread but I found it. Good news for sure, but doesn't change the fact the website is out-dated. Hopefully once things settle down things will get updated. Still don't think its a bad idea to atleast expand the man-power. No clue if its a true one man operation or not, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone, even a volunteer, to over-haul the website. And using the main-page as the source for news/announcements would be beneficial in the long run.

Granted most if not all unRAID users will be enthuisiasts that are not strangers to forums, it should not be the place to go to find news or announcements about the company or any updates. I do believe that the forum should still exist as a way for community support and to discuss announcements, but not the go-to place to read the announcements. Its too easy for the "news" to be buried, and quickly. Even in a sticky the meat of the information gets buried very quickly, as is apparent in the "Move" thread. If I suggest to someone to build a unRAID server, I don't want their first impression to be wading through pages of posts that are full of speculation like what happened there.

Its good to be informed, but if I were to suggest to my brother to use unRAID, if he went to announcements and read through, he would see Tom is moving, which is ok, and then read another 5-10 pages of speculation as to whats happening with unRAID. We all have the right to speculate, but it is immediately putting into someones head that unRAID is VERY unstable as a product because the company is very unstable. Which may or may not be the case. Just because Tom is inactive doesn't mean the company is unstable, which is definitely what people would gather reading that thread.

Anyhow, this thread got off topic quickly, so I'll step off the soap-box. Another reason why forums as main-source for information isn't a good thing,  :P