[SOLVED] FREE SPACE NOT CHANGING DURING DISK TO DISK MOVE

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi,

My disk 4 is almost full full, so I moved some files from disk 4 to disk 6 using Krusader.

The files were successfully moved and are no longer present on Disk4, but the unRAID GUI still shows the same amount of free space on disk4 and disk 6 shows less free space.

I also tried to delete some file and move file between my zfs pool and disk 6, both operations will change the disk space according to the file size.

I has wasted almost 4TB of my disk space since I didn't check the disk space during the moving.

Does anyone have some idea why this will happen and how to fix this?

Thanks

Yeah, I think I found the issue.

I can delete or move any other files as long as it is not related to my movie data.

Only when I try to move some of my movies(which take the most of space) between disks, this situations will happen.

If I move my movie from disk to disk, the space won't change, but if I delete the movie, the disk space will be freed instantly.

This doesn't make sense to me, I wonder it is because some of the process it currently using it which cause my disk space won't being freed.

But I also restarted my Unraid and the space is still taken.

Or, I wounder if it is because of hardlink.

Are there any ideas what I should do or check?

Edited by DespotDIA
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

If you have hard links then the space will not be released until all such links are deleted so there are none remaining for any given file.

Yeah, I think this is related to hardlink, after I deleted all my hardlinks and only leave with one copy, this issue stops happen.
Thank you

• DespotDIA changed the title to [SOLVED] FREE SPACE NOT CHANGING DURING DISK TO DISK MOVE