How to install TP package.[SOLVED]

sam9s

Can anyone assist me as to how do we install a TP package. I have this LAME coder package in tgz format that I want to install on unraid, so that my squeezebox server transcode the songs to MP3 whrn I am streaming them. I have downloaded the package and place in the package folder ..... what needs to be done next ...... appreciate if someone can assist on this.

Not sure if its a properly formatted slack package. How can I check that. The file name is "lame-3.98.2-i486-1gds.tgz" and I think I downloaded it from some slackpackage site only. not sure though.

Also I dont want to reboot my server. Can this be installed without rebooting the server ..... thanks ...

Not sure if its a properly formatted slack package. How can I check that. The file name is "lame-3.98.2-i486-1gds.tgz" and I think I downloaded it from some slackpackage site only. not sure though.

Do a "less" on the file.  You'll see what will be installed, and where.  Look for an "install" directory, with a file called "doinst.sh".  If you see that, then it's a Slack package.

Also I dont want to reboot my server. Can this be installed without rebooting the server ..... thanks ...

Use "installpkg".

Cheers.

Archived