Frequent Crashing

I've been running Unraid on my server for a couple of years now. It was rock solid for the longest time and then crashed. I honestly can't remember exactly what was wrong or how I fixed it, but it involved a lot of messing around with files and permissions and my cache drives.

Ever since then it's been problematic. Sometimes the whole server crashes, sometimes it's just Plex or another one my dockers that's stopped and won't restart. It's a few times a week that sometimes breaking down.

I tried running memtest over night and it reported no errors. I'm pretty confident I've messed up the permissions on my cache drive which holds my appdata but I don't know how to fix that or if it's even the problem.

I know I haven't provided much information here but if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to get back to good old reliable Unraid again.

Oct 13 23:44:18 unraid kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Oct 13 23:44:18 unraid kernel: ? _raw_spin_unlock+0x14/0x29
Oct 13 23:44:18 unraid kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces will usually end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

P.S. btrfs is detecting data corruption on both pools members, suggest running memtest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...