Can't delete Docker Image

jvlarc
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi guys,

Been running unRAID for the past few years now since Covid and love the system so much I've also setup another unRAID server in my office.

A couple of months ago, I made the switch to the Docker directory for both servers, and both were successfully updated to version 6.12.3.

A few weeks back, I encountered an issue where the Docker image on my office server got corrupted. It took quite a while to resolve as I had to let it run overnight, but eventually, I managed to delete the corrupted image. After that, I had to reinstall the Docker containers I had previously set up which was the usual process and everything was back up as per normal.

Fast forward to last week, I ran into a similar problem on my home server. Some containers wouldn't start, and my initial thought was that it was the same issue as what happened in my office. However, despite my best efforts, including leaving it running overnight for about 5 days, I couldn't seem to resolve the problem.

Yesterday, I was prompted by 'Fix Common Problems' to address the issue

Unable to write to cacheDrive mounted read-only or completely full. Begin Investigation Here: 

Upon investigation, it appears that Cache 1 had one CRC error count. I attempted to resolve this issue by shutting down the system, reseating the cable, but unfortunately, that did not resolve the problem. Suspecting a faulty cable, I replaced it with a new one and tested it. Strangely, Cache 1 no longer appears on my unRAID server, even after trying different SATA ports on the motherboard. However, when I connected Cache 1 SSD to my main PC using the new cable, it showed up, and I successfully reformatted it. I also verified that both SATA cables are functioning correctly on my main PC. Still, Cache 1 doesn't show up on unRAID, and I'm stuck with the cache in read-only mode.

Any suggestions and steps will be greatly appreciated! 

I've attached my diagnostic files here -

tower-diagnostics-20231015-1339.zip

Data      Metadata System                               
Id Path      RAID1     RAID1    RAID1    Unallocated Total      Slack
-- --------- --------- -------- -------- ----------- ---------- -----
 1 missing   313.00GiB  7.00GiB 32.00MiB   127.10GiB  447.13GiB     -
 2 /dev/sdb1 270.24GiB  7.00GiB 32.00MiB   169.86GiB  447.13GiB     -
 3 /dev/sdc1  93.24GiB        -        -    26.00GiB  119.24GiB     -

Cache pool is missing a device, do you know what happened there? Also data corruption is being detected on the pool and the btrfs disk you have, start by running memtest.

As previously mentioned in my initial post, I reformatted Cache 1 on my main PC. However, when I tried to reintegrate it into the unRAID server, it didn't appear in disk allocation or unassigned devices.

Furthermore, I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB RAM sticks last month. Despite removing these upgraded RAM sticks this morning before work in an attempt to resolve the issue, the problem persists. I plan to run a memtest when I return home, and I'll provide an update on the situation.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd appreciate any additional suggestions on how else to troubleshoot this. Is it advisable to consider getting new SSDs?

So I finally ran a memtest86+ via another USB stick last night and about 4hrs in with 3 out of 4 pass before I went to bed, I checked and there wasn't any errors, however this morning when I woke up, it was back to the menu selection of memtest86+, I'd assume there shouldn't be any errors?

Also to update, I finally got my missing SSD to finally show back up on unRAID after a BIOS reset, when I assign it back to the Cache pool, it starts as per normal, however trying to use some other solutions as you had solved here , but now it shows 

root@Tower:~# btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/sdb1
No valid Btrfs found on /dev/sdb1
ERROR: open ctree failed
root@Tower:~# udevadm info -q property -n /dev/sdb1
DEVLINKS=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-KINGSTON_SA400S37480G_50026B7782F8A3B4-part1 /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x50026b7782f8a3b4-part1
DEVNAME=/dev/sdb1
DEVPATH=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:17.0/ata2/host3/target3:0:0/3:0:0:0/block/sdb/sdb1
DEVTYPE=partition
DISKSEQ=20
ID_ATA=1
ID_ATA_DOWNLOAD_MICROCODE=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_APM=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_APM_ENABLED=0
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_HPA=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_HPA_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PM=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PM_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ENABLED=0
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ENHANCED_ERASE_UNIT_MIN=60
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ERASE_UNIT_MIN=20
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_FROZEN=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SMART=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SMART_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_ROTATION_RATE_RPM=0
ID_ATA_SATA=1
ID_ATA_SATA_SIGNAL_RATE_GEN1=1
ID_ATA_SATA_SIGNAL_RATE_GEN2=1
ID_ATA_WRITE_CACHE=1
ID_ATA_WRITE_CACHE_ENABLED=1
ID_BUS=ata
ID_MODEL=KINGSTON_SA400S37480G
ID_MODEL_ENC=KINGSTON\x20SA400S37480G\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20
ID_PART_ENTRY_DISK=8:16
ID_PART_ENTRY_NUMBER=1
ID_PART_ENTRY_OFFSET=2048
ID_PART_ENTRY_SCHEME=dos
ID_PART_ENTRY_SIZE=937701040
ID_PART_ENTRY_TYPE=0x83
ID_PART_TABLE_TYPE=dos
ID_REVISION=SBFKK1B3
ID_SERIAL=KINGSTON_SA400S37480G_50026B7782F8A3B4
ID_SERIAL_SHORT=50026B7782F8A3B4
ID_TYPE=disk
ID_WWN=0x50026b7782f8a3b4
ID_WWN_WITH_EXTENSION=0x50026b7782f8a3b4
MAJOR=8
MINOR=17
PARTN=1
SUBSYSTEM=block
USEC_INITIALIZED=725065134

In this case what else can I do to try and solve this? Should I create another pool as I've also been wanting to convert them to ZFS, should I create a new pool and transfer the data over?

Edited by jvlarc

Here is the new diags,

Also memtest screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/ysFKcjL.jpg before I went to bed last night

Also here are some earlier screenshot disk logs from Cache 1 & 2

Cache 1 (sdb)http://i.imgur.com/kstBGOA.jpg

Cache 2 (sdc) http://i.imgur.com/L3mWCmr.jpg

unplugged Cache 1 as it seems like it's read only mode and plugged into my main PC again, tested and reads/write copying files over and using CrystalDiskMark -

http://i.imgur.com/TRKPBTR.png

Appreciate your help @JorgeB 

tower-diagnostics-20231018-1557.zip

Edited by jvlarc

I guess coz I tried creating a new ZFS pool with the initial missing cache, however have added it back into the pool, but doesn't seem to sync.
Sounds like this pool might be gone?😪 Shall slowly move the data over with MC to the new cache pool and update.

Thank you

Edited by jvlarc