[Immich] Import Folder funktioniert nicht!

langepil
Go to solution Solved by alturismo,

Hallo zusammen,

ich würde zur Fotoverwaltung gerne auf Immich setzen! 

Leider bin ich dabei auch auf die Funktion angewiesen, dass Immich Bilder automatisch aus einem Folder importiert. Leider funktioniert das bei mir nicht! Ich dachte zuerst, dass es evtl an den .heic-Daten liegt, aber mit jpgs funktioniert es leider genau so wenig.

Benutzt jemand die Funktion? Mach ich was falsch?

Immich_settings.thumb.png.f05275b246fe1b5f807221d7c4e1e091.pngdaten.thumb.png.beb8b80fc6292e3188484db3e0b31561.png

Hello, my german is not that good, I will speak in english.

/photos = where your uploads are stored, including the original assets, thumbnails and encoded videos

/import = existing libraries, Immich only read files in it

If you want to import your existing files into immich, go to your admin settings > user management and set an external path to your user and set it to /import.

Then on your account settings you can add a new library and set the path to /import

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 12:55 PM, martabal said:

Hello, my german is not that good, I will speak in english.

/photos = where your uploads are stored, including the original assets, thumbnails and encoded videos

/import = existing libraries, Immich only read files in it

If you want to import your existing files into immich, go to your admin settings > user management and set an external path to your user and set it to /import.

Then on your account settings you can add a new library and set the path to /import

Hi there,

So I was playing around with it and got to the same conclusion as yours but did not accept it as the resolution, since when checking, the immich did not actually import those files, just created thumbs in the main Photo Store folder. The library is empty. So it seems like it is only 'linking' the external library using this way? Or am I missing something?

Cheers.

It's more complicated than that.

For better performances and compability, Immich creates 2 thumbnails (1 small thumbnail in webp and 1 in jpeg) for every asset imported/uploaded. The thumbnail are stored in your /photos folder. They are used when you're browsing the web and if you didn't enable the option to load original images on your phone. When you're downloading an image on the web or zooming an image compatible with your browser on the web, immich will send to your client the original image

Ok, but with the method you referenced, import does not create new files under /photos/library. They are being accessed from the external library.

Perhaps my understanding is not correct, this is seen in the unraid docker:

-v /import:ro This folder will be periodically scanned, contents will be automatically imported into Immich

Question I have is, how to use an import folder to automatically 'read' and import/add the images to the immich library, leaving the import folder intact?

Yeah sorry if I'm not clear.

When you upload new files Immich store the original file (and never touches it) and creates 2 thumbnails in /photos/library and /photos/thumbs. When you use the libraries feature, Immich will read the files in /import, create thumbnails for them in /photos/thumbs. Original files are just read. and files in /import are scanned to detect deleted, new, updated files. Immich only read the import folder

• 1 month later...

Well i have the importer path set in the docker edit menu
i Have the external path for my user set to /import
I Have added a new external lib with the /import as var

Still it doesnt seem to work, always shows 0 bytes
chrome_NnoM8zhwki.png.87468f3e0bcd11fb836a9da7bbdba776.png

chrome_1lKQ0Tn1Wu.png.b58343805c1c9758bde432257b94c903.png

Any Ideas why it doesnt import at all?
Also did the 3 dots and imported

Notice, i have 2 Folders in the immich importer path (pictures and videos)
which are synced from my pc

• 3 weeks later...
2023 年 12 月 23 日下午 1:21,0xMDIV 说:

好吧,我在 docker 编辑菜单中
设置了导入器路径 我将用户的外部路径设置为 /import 我添加了一个新的外部库,其中 /import
作为 var

仍然似乎不起作用,总是显示 0 字节

chrome_NnoM8zhwki.png.87468f3e0bcd11fb836a9da7bbdba776.png

chrome_1lKQ0Tn1Wu.png.b58343805c1c9758bde432257b94c903.png

任何想法为什么它根本不导入?
还做了 3 个点并导入

了通知,我在 immich 导入器路径(图片和视频)
中有 2 个文件夹,它们是从我的电脑同步的

需要稍微等会,可以的

我测试可以了

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2024 at 5:02 PM, MuQ said:

Meine Lösung war es, den internen Pfad zusätzlich zu den Nutzereinstellungen auch in den administrativen Einstellungen zu setzen. Der Admin muss den Pfad für jeden Nutzer freigeben, sodass dieser externe Bibliotheken nutzen kann. Hier ist es genau beschrieben: https://immich.app/docs/guides/external-library/

Hey @MuQ ich hab das gleich Problem, komme aber nicht weiter.
Ich habe den Container mit allen Vorlagen aus gerollt.

a) muss ich eine zusätzliche Variable EXTERNAL_PATH anlegen?

b) ich bekomme einen valid path Fehler, wenn ich meinen Pfad unter Admin und UserSettings hinterlegen will
image.png.f036f557cf6a7d303cd58c0dacf50700.png

Vielleicht kannst du mir einen Tipp geben?!

Grüße

Hallo,

hab mittlerweile festgestellt, dass mein Pfad nicht gefunden wird, log sagt:

[Nest] 218  - 02/27/2024, 9:24:50 AM   ERROR [LibraryService] Skipping invalid import path: /mnt/user/Multimedia/immich/. Reason: Path does not exist (ENOENT)

Ich habe ebenfalls vorher eine zusätzliche Variable EXTERNAL_PATH angelegt:
image.thumb.png.f9deb42f8bbaccef7f990f93cd661828.png

Meine Konfig sieht so aus:

image.png.653984581276e6e86249caf208d3f0cd.png

der angegebene Pfad ist ein share. Jmd eine Idee zu dem Problem?

Grüße

• Solution
4 minutes ago, oekomat said:

der angegebene Pfad ist ein share. Jmd eine Idee zu dem Problem?

mal grundsätzlich einlesen wie docker mounts funktionieren ... das Problem sitzt ja in der Regel 60 cm vor dem ... ;)

du gibst in immich den Host Pfad ein und nicht den "Docker Point of view" ...

image.thumb.png.ffa9325b7f658b34945e5370edf41665.png

aus Docker Sicht ist der Pfad /import und nicht /mnt/user/.... solange du nicht /mnt/user/... auch innerhalb des Dockers so mountest wird das nichts, also, Basics einlesen oder einfach mal ableiten anhand der genutzten Docker/s ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 9:55 AM, oekomat said:

Ja, ich weiß ;-) 

Dann sollte doch aber diese Einstellung passen:
image.png.0cae1d0e41c8da2b9b0a8c8e4efab7a3.png

Ich glaube du hast immer noch nicht verstanden. Erklärung weiter unten.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:16 PM, oekomat said:

Hey @MuQ ich hab das gleich Problem, komme aber nicht weiter.
Ich habe den Container mit allen Vorlagen aus gerollt.

a) muss ich eine zusätzliche Variable EXTERNAL_PATH anlegen?

b) ich bekomme einen valid path Fehler, wenn ich meinen Pfad unter Admin und UserSettings hinterlegen will
image.png.f036f557cf6a7d303cd58c0dacf50700.png

Vielleicht kannst du mir einen Tipp geben?!

Grüße

Du musst im container den "container path" für den import angeben und nicht den path vom host system. Innerhalb Immich ist der path demnach nur /import. Immich sucht sich den import nicht selber.