Lincplus Lincstation N1 SSD NAS Review - A Silent, UnRAID NAS? (NASCompares)

Lolight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@2b2bffgot mine last week. I have no issues with the noise, even with all 6 bays populated with SSDs. Do you have the  Dynamix System Temperature Plugin installed?

If yes, you have to go to Settings→System Temp. Click on “Detect”, it should detect coretemp. Then you have to set the sensors for the things you wanna monitor. For fan speed you have to install “ITE IT87 Driver”. Adjust it to your needs, my fan run at round about 55 pwm and is really quiet.

Edit: there is a very good description on the campaign site from one of the backers to use Dynamix Fan Control to reduce the noise. Maybe this is helpful for some user of the Lincstation N1.

The walktrough is from this website https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lincstation-world-s-1st-unraid-6-bay-all-ssd-nas/x/36101512#/discussion

Reducing Fan Noise on LincStation

If you’re experiencing issues with the noise level from your LincStation’s fan, follow these steps for a quieter operation:

1. Install Essential Applications: Begin by installing the following applications from the Apps section:
“Dynamix System Autofan”
“ITE IT87 Driver”
“Dynamix System Temp”

2. Access Autofan Settings: Open the settings for “Dynamix System Autofan” by clicking on the “Action Badge”.

3. Enable Fan Control: In the settings, activate the fan control by selecting the first dropdown menu.
4. Configure Fan Control: Set the second dropdown to “it8613-pwm3”. Click the “Detect” button next to PWM-Fan (third option). Wait for the detection process to complete. Press the “Detect” button next to the minimum PWM (fourth option). You should hear your fan; if not, try other options like “it8613-pwmX” until you find the correct one. Usually, “it8613-pwm3” is the right choice.

5. Adjust PWM Values: Set a minimal PWM Value that suits your preference, such as 55. Note that the standard minimal PWM value is usually around 70 for 3000rpm.

6. Fine-Tuning: Feel free to modify other settings as per your requirements.

7. Apply Settings: Click the “Apply” button to save your changes. You should notice a difference in the fan noise.

8. Monitor RPM and Temperature: You can set the sensors for RPM and temperature in “Dynamix System Temp” to display these values on the panel and dashboard.

Caution: Test different PWM values to find the balance that meets your temperature and noise level needs. Also, keep in mind that you may need to reset the PWM value after restarting your LincStation.

Edited by TermyD

@TermyD I'm well aware of that solution. I commented even on the discussion there. However, autofan only monitors disk temperatures, not the CPU and that's unfortunate. Standard without autofan is roughly 4200 rpm. I'm not saying the device is making much noise, but it is audible...

I am wondering if I reset my LicStation to factory is it possible to sell this device to another user?  I'm specifically wondering about the Unraid license that comes with it.  Will the next user have any issues with registration of the Unraid software?  

On 1/27/2024 at 1:09 PM, Ozman said:

I am wondering if I reset my LicStation to factory is it possible to sell this device to another user?  I'm specifically wondering about the Unraid license that comes with it.  Will the next user have any issues with registration of the Unraid software?  

Current policy AFAIK is that once the license is registered to the end user, it's no longer transferable, so the next user would need to purchase their own license, or ask the original license holder to contact Limetech on their behalf for any license support issues.

@SpencerJ, is the license issued with the lincstation supported differently than a standard license?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:17 PM, JonathanM said:

Current policy AFAIK is that once the license is registered to the end user, it's no longer transferable, so the next user would need to purchase their own license, or ask the original license holder to contact Limetech on their behalf for any license support issues.

@SpencerJ, is the license issued with the lincstation supported differently than a standard license?

Correct. Same policy applies with license transfers.

54 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

Correct. Same policy applies with license transfers.

The licenses where pre registered on shipping, i.e. it is not bound to the user that purchased the device. Is it possible get the license assigned correctly?