Snapshots of VM's on btrfs formated drive?

Not sure where exactly to post this, so trying here.  Please advise if should be in another sub-thread.    

I am running newest version of unraid for background.   I have a nvme drive in server formatted to BTRFS and running a couple vm's on them.   Windows 10 vm

Arch Linux VM

Home assistant 

etc. 

The image files are qcow2 also. 

I attempted this a year or two ago and don't think drives were btrfs back then and tried doing snapshots with qcow2 commands.  I might have done them wrong as nothing worked.  Just kept getting bad images and could not restore.  So, I abandoned the idea and just when I remember (which never happens) I just backup the image file to a backup folder.    

I would like to automate a snapshot routine so I could snapshot my vm, like vmware.   Is this doable.  I believe btrfs and zfs drives have snapshot abilities.    Can I be pointed in right direction?  Or assisted in the process for me to take a snapshot, mainly of my windows vm, but other ones would be nice. 

TIA!