UPS monitoring problem

pawelb

Hi,

I'm trying to monitor My UPS PowerWalker - https://powerwalker.com/pl/produkt/10121100/ with UnRaid. Right after installation NUT and enable monitoring everything was connected and working, I could see current power and all attributes, but after a while I've got alert Lost communication

932f8f35-2977-4686-b567-f78be3273465.png

NUT showed current power until I rebooted the system now it shows lost communication status from a start and NUT don't show UPS LOAD:

dfed1f06-8337-4413-9d64-ae78371c91c7.png

Tried every trick that was written online. Change usb cable, change usb slot, change UPS type to modbus, nothing works.

Logs from UnRaid:

b0f03acd-fdc7-4a77-8478-018f2368fa2d.png

Any idea how to get it working correctly?

Thanks in advice.

Edited by pawelb

As I interpret the short section of the syslog, those lines are from apcupsd plugin that is the default in Unraid.  If you are truly using NUT, you need to go to   

SETTINGS    >>>   UPS Settings     and make sure that this setting is disabled:

image.png.99f7088be1ea3fdd02a0efa20253daf1.png

(I use apcupsd to control my UPS for my Unraid servers, so I have it enabled!)

Edited by Frank1940

Try asking in the Support Thread for NUT to see if there is a solution.  (For any plugin, you should find this link as shown here:)

image.png.1b2b0127b8325eb5addd666715cd2f2e.png

Also consider contacting the vendor/manufacturer to see if their product uses a communication protocol that is supported by either of these two (apcsupd and NUT) software packages.  (They could be using a proprietary  protocol...)