Upgrading from 4.7 to .12a - need to run Utils/New Permissions?

Hi everyone. Been running 4.6 for while now with no issues. I run Plex which uses the folder time stamp on quick scans so I *really* want to move up to 5.08 or later that has this fixed.

I went ahead and updated to 4.7 but I am confused by the wiki upgrade instructions to go to 5. I am assuming I will have to follow step 4) "Go to Utils/New Permissions and execute that utility to change file ownership and permission settings. This is necessary for proper operation of the 5.0 security model" but its not listed under any versions other than the first beta as it says "with the exception of step 4 (because presumably you already did this)"

So to jump right to 5.12 I should run the util correct?

Thanks for any help,

Charlie

Hi everyone. Been running 4.6 for while now with no issues. I run Plex which uses the folder time stamp on quick scans so I *really* want to move up to 5.08 or later that has this fixed.

I went ahead and updated to 4.7 but I am confused by the wiki upgrade instructions to go to 5. I am assuming I will have to follow step 4) "Go to Utils/New Permissions and execute that utility to change file ownership and permission settings. This is necessary for proper operation of the 5.0 security model" but its not listed under any versions other than the first beta as it says "with the exception of step 4 (because presumably you already did this)"

So to jump right to 5.12 I should run the util correct?

Thanks for any help,

Charlie

yes