Share Access/Permissions

robinsj

Maybe someone can help me out, as I really have no idea what I have done.  So I upgraded from 4.7 and am running 5.0beta12a now.  Everything went great, booted fine, ran the new permissions utlitity, got sabnzbd and sickbeard up and running.  First TV show that downloaded, sabnzbd wouldn't run the script to automagically move it, I got that figured out figuring it was a permission setting on the script file, so I fixed that from reading another post on here.  I don't know much about linux, but can fumble my way around.

But then in the meantime I went to go and just rename the file myself from my windows 7 machine, and it wouldn't let me rename it,said access denied.  Wouldn't let me copy it, or do anything.  So I figured I would try just deleting the mapped drive, and reconnecting it.  Well, it deleted it, but now it won't let me reconnect it at all.  Says its a location thats unavailable.  If I try to access it through network explorer, it just says Windows cannot access \\Tower\movies.

I can still access the Webgui and everything.  I honestly could care less about having absolute security, and having to specify user names and such.  I just want to be able to access everything all the time.  I liked that about 4.7, just setup it up and everyone has access.  Can I not do that with 5.0?  I had to upgrade to use my 3TB drives, so thats why I did....  Any help on this?

Seems I have done a bit of reading, and I guess when sabnzbd finished download the tv show, the permissions of that file were for root.  So that is why I probably couldn't access that file?

Doesn't explain why I can't access the network share anymore at all though.  In addition, how do I make it so that when sabnzbd downloads anything, the permissions on the files it downloads anybody can access?

Not sure if anyone is reading these, would be nice to get a response.  I found out now that sickbeard when it is processing and has to create a folder, I can't access that folder from anywhere, I have to login and change the permissions of that folder now...  any ideas from anyone?  I don't really want to have to manually go on and change the permission every time sickbeard creates a new directory.  I didn't have to do this with 4.7... any help would be much appreciated....

Not sure if anyone is reading these, would be nice to get a response.  I found out now that sickbeard when it is processing and has to create a folder, I can't access that folder from anywhere, I have to login and change the permissions of that folder now...  any ideas from anyone?  I don't really want to have to manually go on and change the permission every time sickbeard creates a new directory.  I didn't have to do this with 4.7... any help would be much appreciated....

We need to know a little bit more.

How are you running these apps?

Have you set the folder permissions of SABnzb? (My "Permissions for completed downloads" is 770 in the SABnzbd Folders section)

I am running Sabnzbd and SickBeard on a 5.0b6a setup and have not had any issues if running them as nobody and using the above SAbnzbd Folders setting.

Okay, so I found where you can change them to run as root to run as nobody, but I can't get them to start when selecting run as nobody.  It says there starting, but just hangs....  Never starts...  Any ideas?

Are you using the plugin for 5.0b11+?

If so then ask in that thread.

I created the unMenu packages and will support those but Benni-chan should be contact in regard to his/her unRAID plugins.