My system has thrown a lot of errors and just want to check I am not going damage it further

madmanx
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi so just today I had a partiy check and noticed my system running extra slow and then I noticed some of my docker containers werent working then it finally just crashed and so I decided to restart the server to see if that helped. Docker came back but certain dockers like authelia wont start and also one of the discs was disabled. Here is my diagnostic. I was thinking to unassign my drive in maintenance mode and then reassign to build it back up but the amount of errors fix common problems is giving me I am worried this might cause more issues. Thanks for the assistance

titan-diagnostics-20231105-1622.zip

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Lots of the array drives started simultaneously getting errors and they do not show up in the SMART reports so they went offline.   This suggests a problem with something they share such as power or the HBA they are attached to.

Thank you. So if I were to replace the HBA would I have to worry about the order I have connected them. I can remmeber this being an issue a long while ago.

Its a pretty old HBA so maybe its failing. As for the PSU i can replace that 

1 minute ago, madmanx said:

Thank you. So if I were to replace the HBA would I have to worry about the order I have connected them. I can remmeber this being an issue a long while ago.

Its a pretty old HBA so maybe its failing. As for the PSU i can replace that 

Order is not relevant as disks are recognised by serial number not by where they are connected.

it is worth checking it not something more obvious such as the HBA no longer being firmly seated in its motherboard slot.

Just now, itimpi said:

Order is not relevant as disks are recognised by serial number not by where they are connected.

it is worth checking it not something more obvious such as the HBA no longer being firmly seated in its motherboard slot.

Will do, just in case I have to replace with something else, I was literally in the middle of building a backup server which I bought a LSI 9300 as truenas has better support for that, would you recommend something similar or can I use older generation LSI card? 

• 2 weeks later...