Cant access Nextcloud using Cloudflare, Cloudflare DDNS and Swag from internet

d4man
Go to solution Solved by d4man,

Hello all, I recently tried to install Nextcloud following SpaceInvaderOnes nearly 2 year old video, followed directions to a tee and I can't access the server from the internet. Nextcloud installed ok and it works inside my network, but I get a 520 error from cloudflare when I try to access it from the internet. It seems like a firewall issue, but I found out my firewall was off, and I must've accidentally hit the slider to turn it off. On or off makes no difference. Swag is set up to use port 1443 and port 180. Tried forwarding those, no luck. Created the extra network so NC and Swag can talk. I am using PIA as my VPN thru my Asus RT68U Router, tried to temporarily disable the VPN, no luck. Is there a newer guide that'll get this thing up and running? I own my domain, I initially tried using DuckDNS with cloudflare, but the free domain is stuck in the approval stage. Any help is appreciated ...thx

• Solution

OK, I FINALLY got Nextcloud working outside my network. PHEW! I stumbled thru creating an argo tunnel, using pieces from spaceinvaderones and IBRACORPs videos and running a few commands. The one hang up was in the tunnel portion was under public hostnames>nextcloud.myserver.org>setting the service to https:mylocalunraidip:1443 and additional app settings > tls > no tls verify. What a workout of my mind.