Drive StandBy Monitor - Plugin Support

4 hours ago, bombz said:

Hello,

Using the 'edit' button and hiding the disk function works. However if you leave the page or refresh the page, the drive/disk reappears again.
Thought I'd let you know.

Cheers.

I'm not seeing that behavior, do be aware that this does use cookies to store the information. Perhaps you have cookies disabled? Try it in "in-private or incognito" mode with your browser and let me know what happens.

20 hours ago, EldonMcGuinness said:

I'm not seeing that behavior, do be aware that this does use cookies to store the information. Perhaps you have cookies disabled? Try it in "in-private or incognito" mode with your browser and let me know what happens.

Hello, 
Attempted that previously too. Deleted cookies, attempted incog. mode same concern occurs.
Select > Edit > un-check eye ball > disable edit

• The disk disappears 

Upon changes menu sections, or refreshing the page, the disk reappears.

Thanks.

Edited by bombz
  • 1 month later...

You might know this already, while `smartctl --nocheck standby` won't wake a HDD, it will stop a HDD going to sleep when you poll it because it counts as activity.  ie. if you set a hdd to sleep after 60 minutes of activity but you use `smartctl --nocheck standby` to poll the HDD every 30 minutes, then the HDD will never go to sleep.

Thanks for the plugin.

Can I suggest if you click on a drive it brings up a popup showing individual data for last 7 days, then total data for last 7 days / 30 days / all-time.  (or something similar).

/sda

Percentage Sleep: 30%     97% ...
Spin up counts:    53       3 ...
Spin down counts:  52       4 ...
Date:           2 Jan   1 Jan ...   Last 7 days    Last 30 days   Alltime

/sdb

Percentage Sleep: 40%     92% ...   
Spin up counts:    33       2 ...
Spin down counts:  34       2 ...

The main thing I'm interested in personally is just data on how often the drives are spinning up and down.

Edited by kiwijunglist
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 2:52 PM, kiwijunglist said:

Thanks for the plugin.

Can I suggest if you click on a drive it brings up a popup showing individual data for last 7 days, then total data for last 7 days / 30 days / all-time.  (or something similar).

/sda

Percentage Sleep: 30%     97% ...
Spin up counts:    53       3 ...
Spin down counts:  52       4 ...

/sdb

Percentage Sleep: 40%     92% ...   
Spin up counts:    33       2 ...
Spin down counts:  34       2 ...

The main thing I'm interested in personally is just data on how often the drives are spinning up and down.

@kiwijunglist I would love to add this to the plug-in as well as a few other things, perhaps I will have some more time soon. At the risk of sounding like a mad capitalist, donations towards getting features added are always nice and will definitely help to move things along. If you're interested, you can do so on the github repo.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:27 AM, kiwijunglist said:

You might know this already, while `smartctl --nocheck standby` won't wake a HDD, it will stop a HDD going to sleep when you poll it because it counts as activity.  ie. if you set a hdd to sleep after 60 minutes of activity but you use `smartctl --nocheck standby` to poll the HDD every 30 minutes, then the HDD will never go to sleep.

@kiwijunglistI have moved away from manual polling and instead use the built-in polling that is part of unraid, this should not be an issue any longer.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:16 PM, fr500 said:

6.12.6, and yup rebooted my server again and it's gone again

@fr500 I'm not sure on this one, I'm running the latest version and am not seeing this, additionally, I have other testers that have confirmed it is not happening to them either. Perhaps this is unique to your setup?

Edited by EldonMcGuinness
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have noticed this with this plugin and the VM backup plugin

It seems both download something when installing? my unraid has a VM for my firewall and until after everything starts there is no connection.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:26 AM, Gobblerpl said:

On my Unraid 6.12.8 plugin also gone. Moreover I can't install plugin again. 

If the plugin is still stuck "Pending", you can open a web terminal and run:

rm /tmp/plugins/pluginPending

That does the trick for me