SABnzbd installed, need help setting up path etc...

Boost

Good morning all,

I successfully installed SABnzbd 0.6.9 on my unRaid 4.7 server. I did a test download using nzbStatus and it went to my cache drive.

/mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd-0.6.9/Downloads/complete/The 300

Now I need to know how to browse my array to find the, /movie, /music, /anime folders, from the console  so that I can set the correct path in SABnzbd and have it automatically go to the appropriate folder, /movies or /music.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

cd /mnt/user/<share_name>

I wouldn't download files straight to your array.  It's better to copy after it's downloaded so you don't keep your array spinning.

I keep the torrents and torrent files on my cache drive so they download and seed from there.  They get copied to the array when completed and that's it.

They used to download straight to my array but now I have them downloading to my cache drive,"/mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd-0.6.9/Downloads/complete."

After this point is this where I go into "Categories" in SABnzbd and have movies moved into the "Movies" folder and music into the "Music" folder?

I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be.

They used to download straight to my array but now I have them downloading to my cache drive,"/mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd-0.6.9/Downloads/complete."

After this point is this where I go into "Categories" in SABnzbd and have movies moved into the "Movies" folder and music into the "Music" folder?

I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be.

Your best bet is a google search on setting up SABnzbd.  This is documented and setup instructions are all over the place.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to note, you set the share to use the cache and then when you move to the share the files really just go to the cache. This won't disturb the array drives until the mover runs.

Peter

Sorry to barge in here, but can you be more specific and explain how to set things up.

Also please see my question I posted here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=16016.0

Sorry (again) for these question but I am rather new to Unraid. Just got my Plus key today. Thanks Tim!

Thanks in advance.

Set the user share to use the cache (I think it's a drop-down Yes/No or a check box or something like that). Then, when you move or copy a file to the user share it is first placed on the cache disk, in a duplicate directory structure matching the data disks, and then later moved to the user share once the mover script runs.

The path you use is /mnt/user/[share name]

Peter

Archived