We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 2TB - $59

jumperalex

Clearly I must get/read my E-Blast emails sooner than everyone else ;-)  I've said it before, it is almost redundant to post these newegg deals in this forum.  Any member not on the newegg mailing list deserves to pay retail >;-)

Part of me wants to jump on this, but I don't *need* anymore storage at the moment and I know prices will go down even more as 3TB becomes the norm.  But sheesh at some point $59 starts to really seem like the "bottom".  I mean you can't even get a 500gb for much cheaper than that.  Of course no waiting for MIR.

For the record, for anyone concerned ... I've already recieved three Hitachi $10 MIR cards from three previous purchases.  So, so far, no BS with getting the MIR as promised.

Purchased 2 more - used rebate cards from the last four toward the cost. :)

DOH ... that is what I should do!!!  Hmm maybe I WILL buy another drive

EDIT: wait huh ... how do you do that?  How do you get newegg.com to allow you to pay with multiple cards?

That's what I would like to know. It's painful sometimes to deal with the rebate cards.

I actually prefered the checks. at least then I received the whole amount.

How do you make an exact purchase of $10.00? Or how do you extract them into a paypal account?

I dunno how this plastic card is any more efficient then a check, nor is it better for the environment.

EDIT: wait huh ... how do you do that?  How do you get newegg.com to allow you to pay with multiple cards?

Use the Hitachi rebate card to buy a newegg gift card.  You can use multiple newegg gift cards per purchase.

That's what I would like to know. It's painful sometimes to deal with the rebate cards.

I actually prefered the checks. at least then I received the whole amount.

How do you make an exact purchase of $10.00? Or how do you extract them into a paypal account?

I dunno how this plastic card is any more efficient then a check, nor is it better for the environment.

More efficient - nope.  More profitable - you bet your a..!

Check the terms that come with them.  After a few months they start charging fees just to have the card.  Then people don't use the whole thing - leave $1.50 on the card and that $1.50 more than they would have paid out with a check.

This is why I immediately turn them into Amazon or Newegg gift cards - no strings there and I'm always buying something from these guys.

Thank you pfp - I'm glad someone has figured out how to best these annoying rebate cards.  My strategy has always been to use them to buy gas or groceries, which I buy regularly anyway.  However, then you have the problem of certain retailers not accepting the cards.  I like your method much better.

Thank you pfp - I'm glad someone has figured out how to best these annoying rebate cards.  My strategy has always been to use them to buy gas or groceries, which I buy regularly anyway.  However, then you have the problem of certain retailers not accepting the cards.  I like your method much better.

I had the same issue, then sometimes you end up with a few dollars here and there.. Merchants do not want to use these cards for small amounts because the initial transaction charge can be as high as .50c.

I did the amazon gift card back to myself thing. Worked like a champ. Thanks!

To quote thos Guiness guys ... BRILLIANT!!!

LOL!!! :P

Archived