Trusted online vendors of HBA cards???

With all the chicanery that exists on places like ebay, Aliexpress,  Kijiji, etc,there should be compiled a list of trusted vendors.

The only one I know of is "The Art of Server" on ebay. I have not had any dealings, but I hear nothing but praise for the product and service.

https://www.ebay.ca/str/theartofserver?_sop=15&_pgn=2

Can anyone else recommend any online vendors they have had good experience with or have heard of good reviews?

Thanks kindly....

Edited by Vetteman
Edit
  • Vetteman changed the title to Trusted online vendors of HBA cards???

I posted a similar thread on the Facebook group - "UnRAID Users & Help Group" (my username on FB is Ken Morris Jr) and jiawen2018 on eBay was recommended. So I ordered a SuperMicro 9207-8I after watching a youtube video by "The Art of Server" who said his favorite LSI 9207-8I card is the SuperMicro variant.

I am disappointed by the lack of replies from the UnRaid community on this forum. However I am not surprised as that has been my experience posting on this forum. I have much better luck on the Facebook group.

I see why no one here sees any value in listing sellers who can be trusted and those who operate fly by night, hoodwinker operations.

This is not the friendly community it is touted to be.

Sorry if I offend, just basing it on my own experiences here.

Well, ArtofServer is generally considered a good choice for north america, so I would guess that people didn't had much to offer after your first post.

On my part, I bought one HBA in Europe. It went well, but I can't say if that's because it was a great seller or some luck.

So I don't think my opinion on the subject is super interesting.

I think that in general, you don't buy an HBA very often and it's not super expensive. ==> limited experience + small cost = small overall engagement

If you ask for something that is either more expensive, that you buy more often or have a bigger impact on the system, people will tend to have opinions (not always based on facts, but opinions nonetheless)

Ask about hard drives and you will have all three and plenty of feedback. If you are lucky, some might even be good. :D 

The point of this thread was to assist anyone who would be purchasing a HBA card. There are many who maybe purchasing for  first time, What is WRONG with posting experiences with online sellers. Also many of these sellers also sell other computer equipment besides HBA cards.  Doing so is a way of instilling some goodwill for the Unraid community.

The Art of Server has a great reputation but his shipping costs to Canada can be almost as much as the cost of the card and in some instances twice.

Sorry but your agruement that purchasing a HBA card is an once in a life time acquisition is out right silly, and some what selfish.  The intent was to share experiences to assist those new to Unraid. I guess that is not important to you and to most of the Unraid community as evidenced by the lack of replies.