Parts are arriving

johnm160

The upgrade is almost ready to begin.

2x 2TB Hitachi

1x 2TB Seagate

1x 1.5TB WD (warranty replacement)

Added to the 2 x 2TB drives in the server that are essentially full.

I do believe this will use or exceed by one all of my available onboard SATA connectors plus the 2 port add in card.

The thermaltake BlacX is going to be a preclear / slot to dump data onto the array.

Now I am just waiting on these so I can buy my UnRaid License

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655083-REG/Kingston_FCR_MLG2_MobileLiteG2_Memory_Card_Reader.html

hard_drives_Small.JPG.0237ff32eaee6d2097cc81d896cbb681.JPG

The upgrade is almost ready to begin.

Now I am just waiting on these so I can buy my UnRaid License

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655083-REG/Kingston_FCR_MLG2_MobileLiteG2_Memory_Card_Reader.html

I hope your motherboard can boot using that card reader.  I have an older Dell Machine I use as a test server and it will not boot from that device.  The card reader works fine on my production server running a Gigabyte board but the dell refuses to see the adapter as a USB drive.  I can boot that machine from a "normal" USB flash drive though without issue.

NOW we are in business.....

I will be an UNRAID Pro user just as fast as Tom can get me the licenses.

I have two unique GUID's on the readers and the server boots off of them.  ;D

Yeah I got one of those readers for my second pro license, well worth it, I would have two from the start but didn't even think about card readers..

Definitely the best way to go.

To be honest these readers pushed me over the edge to buy the licenses. I know Tom does his best but I have seen many instances where he misses emails about failed flash drives. I know the reader can still fail but I believe it is probably less likely than a flash dying.

Now I just have to figure out how to connect the thermaltake as preclear bay.

Looks great! Did you use a labeler to label the hard drives? If so what kind is it. May look into one to label my drives with. Plus, I use a card reader with my server OS as well, so in the rare case the reader itself fails, then the flash card itself will still be intact with a newer reader.

Looks great! Did you use a labeler to label the hard drives? If so what kind is it. May look into one to label my drives with. Plus, I use a card reader with my server OS as well, so in the rare case the reader itself fails, then the flash card itself will still be intact with a newer reader.

Its a handheld dymo avail from officemax and such. Figured I might as well get ahead of keeping track of what drive was what as it is only gonna get more complicated as I add drives. At the rate I am going I am expanding at about 1TB per month to month and a half. So a larger case will soon be in order!

Archived