Slow Transfer Speeds on 2.5 Gbe

Go to solution Solved by siron1992,

Realtek 2.5Gbe nics have been problematic for many Unraid users.  In fact, I ditched mine for an Intel nic after hours of troubleshooting the same speed issues you are seeing.

It looks as you may have a RTL8125B based nic.  I would try installing the RTL8125(B) PCI Drivers plugin available in CA.  It may help. (I would have tried this myself before swapping in the Intel, but the plugin came available after I swapped).

7 minutes ago, ConnerVT said:

Realtek 2.5Gbe nics have been problematic for many Unraid users.  In fact, I ditched mine for an Intel nic after hours of troubleshooting the same speed issues you are seeing.

It looks as you may have a RTL8125B based nic.  I would try installing the RTL8125(B) PCI Drivers plugin available in CA.  It may help. (I would have tried this myself before swapping in the Intel, but the plugin came available after I swapped).

No success unfortunatly :(

image.png.da2b22770bc6d4ded167749921c08124.png

You have confidence that the system you are using to transfer to/from your Unraid server can support 2.5Gbe fully?  Same question for anything between the two (switch)?

For example, my daily driver PC has a USB nic - It will receive close to 2.5Gb but only send around 1.8Gb.  ITX motherboard so no PCIe slot available.  :(

1 minute ago, ConnerVT said:

You have confidence that the system you are using to transfer to/from your Unraid server can support 2.5Gbe fully?  Same question for anything between the two (switch)?

For example, my daily driver PC has a USB nic - It will receive close to 2.5Gb but only send around 1.8Gb.  ITX motherboard so no PCIe slot available.  :(

Pretty confident - other desktop on Wifie 6E has the same results.

Was just tring to turning bridging off as sugegsted in another post, added the router to eth0 and now unRAID is inaccesable. Think I've just bricked my entire NAS...

10 minutes ago, siron1992 said:

Pretty confident - other desktop on Wifie 6E has the same results.

Was just tring to turning bridging off as sugegsted in another post, added the router to eth0 and now unRAID is inaccesable. Think I've just bricked my entire NAS...

Sorted this be clearing teh network.cfg file! Back to slow speeds again haha