UPS on Unraid Help

znelbok
Go to solution Solved by znelbok,

Hi All

Back after a very long time - my old NAS is still kicking along on V5-beta12.  Anyway, I had a machine become spare so I am building it up as the replacement NAS.

I have a Small APC BackUPS Pro 420 to use with it and I am trying to get it working with Unraid.

I installed the windows version of APCUPSD and I have got it working there, so I know everything hardware wise is OK.

Based on the config file in windows, I set the UPS Setting the same.

In UNRAID

UPS Cable: Custom

Custom UPS cable: 940-0024C

UPS Type: APCsmart

Device: ttyUSB0

But Unraid is reporting Lost Communications.

My guess is that it is the Device that is wrong.  I have a FTDI compliant USB serial adapter and unraid is seeing it

USB Devices

Bus 003 Device 004 Port 3-2ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC

and from my limited linux knowledge I googled and ran at the terminal 

dmesg | grep tty

which returns this (unlugged a few time is my guess for the number of entries)

[    0.123130] printk: console [tty0] enabled
[260905.877734] usb 3-2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[261910.361887] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[262834.499886] usb 3-2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[263189.612696] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[264133.975681] usb 3-2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

So my assumptions is that the device is ttyUSB0

Can anyone assist with a linux noob and point me in teh right direction to get this working.

Thanks

Mick

PS - YEs, the status says the service is running as well