APCUPSD 3.14.10 Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

APCUPSD 3.14.10 Plugin

The plugin can be download from the Unraid Plugin Wiki Page: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnRAID_Plugins

• Includes Clean Powerdown Script from unMENU.
  • Remove the .txt extension, copy to /boot/config/plugins and reboot or run "installplg /boot/config/plugins/apcupsd-3.14.10-i468-1atv.plg"
  • Settings can be configured under the Settings Tab.
  • On failure an email is sent to root.

Updates:

Oct 2, 2011

• Change APCUPSD icon location to to Network Services section under Settings.

Oct 4, 2011

• When reinstalling using installplg the files that need be updated will be deleted at the beginning of the installation, so there is no requirement to reboot.
  • Added /sbin/apcaccess output in the bottom of APCUPSD settings screen when APCUPSD is running.

Oct 10, 2011 -

• Updated to apcupsd 3.14.10.
  • Converted apply script to php and allowed for more options/configuration.
  • Changed Icon.
  • Cleaned up/polished settings screen.
  • *Note* If you are upgrading from a previous version you will need to delete the following files manually. /boot/config/plugins/apcupsd/apcupsd.png,/boot/config/plugins/apcupsd/apply, and any old version of the plugin in /boot/config/plugins.  Also now that the apply script is written in PHP, it can handle blank fields better the a bash script, so you will have to change devices from none to blank on the settings page or manually editing /boot/config/plugins/apcupsd/apcupsd.cfg.

2011-10-12

• 2atv-Beta1, implented slimmed down status info on top of screen. Needs some formatting/css work. Added abilited to show/hide full ups status

• 2atv-Beta2, Added abilited to show/hide full ups status

2011-10-16

• Added coloring to status info on top of page, thanks to speeding_ant

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APCUPSD 3.14.8 Plugin

Includes Clean Powerdown Script.

Rename extention to .plg, copy to /boot/config/plugins and reboot or run "installplg /boot/config/plugins/apcupsd-3.14.8-i468-1a.plg"

Settings can be configured under the Settings Tab.

SeeDrs,

I am so glad you are able to leverage the work I did in unMENU in discovering how to install/configure apcupsd in unRAID.

Now, I suppose it is my turn to learn from you.  ;)

Joe L.

SeeDrs,

I am so glad you are able to leverage the work I did in unMENU in discovering how to install/configure apcupsd in unRAID.

Now, I suppose it is my turn to learn from you.  ;)

Joe L.

I don't think there is too much to learn from me. The plugin is just a conversion of the original unmenu plugin.  I probably couldn't of done it without your original work.

Nice one! A few suggestions:

• Tidy up the name and icon. Find a nice UPS icon, call it APC UPS or something similar, makes it look nicer :)

• Email notifications, is this included? I haven't hooked up to UPS yet, it's on the way.

• Drop downs for any multiple choice inputs, eg dropdown for USB, Serial, etc.

Apart from a few house keeping things, looks good!

Cheers!

Nice one! A few suggestions:

• Tidy up the name and icon. Find a nice UPS icon, call it APC UPS or something similar, makes it look nicer :)

• Email notifications, is this included? I haven't hooked up to UPS yet, it's on the way.

• Drop downs for any multiple choice inputs, eg dropdown for USB, Serial, etc.

Apart from a few house keeping things, looks good!

Cheers!

It will send mail to root if there are any ups failures.  I'll see what I can do with your suggestions.

Thanks,

SeeDrs

Brilliant! Thanks for the update - tested on an APC SmartUPS, plug and play. Notifications work well.

Awesome!

More suggestions? Have ability to hide additional details, and perhaps provide a simple status over-view? Eg. On top of form, show:

If UPS Found:

APCUPSD: Running       Status: Battery/On Mains        Level: 80%/10%        Time Left: 50/5 Minutes

If not found:

APCUPSD: Running        Status: No ups found

If not running:

APCUPSD: Not Running

Let me know if you need any CSS resources for this. Happy to provide help for this plugin. You could even provide realtime information if that's your cup of tea.

Cheers!

Brilliant! Thanks for the update - tested on an APC SmartUPS, plug and play. Notifications work well.

Awesome!

More suggestions? Have ability to hide additional details, and perhaps provide a simple status over-view? Eg. On top of form, show:

If UPS Found:

APCUPSD: Running       Status: Battery/On Mains        Level: 80%/10%        Time Left: 50/5 Minutes

If not found:

APCUPSD: Running        Status: No ups found

If not running:

APCUPSD: Not Running

Let me know if you need any CSS resources for this. Happy to provide help for this plugin. You could even provide realtime information if that's your cup of tea.

Cheers!

I uploaded a "beta" version of the plugin to the original post, which contains the functionality changes you requested regarding showing a slimmed down version of the status on the top of the page.  I'm not good a making things look pretty, so I'll leave that up to you if you like.  Just upload your changes to this thread, then I'll test it out and post it in the OP.

Nice one - I'll see what I can do regarding "prettiness".

From what I've seen, this should be in the Wiki as the first and best Version 5 UPS plugin. Once sorted, definitely worth putting it in the User Customization thread. 

Also, I'm still working on the showing/hiding of apcaccess output. I should have it done soon.

Nice one - I'll see what I can do regarding "prettiness".

From what I've seen, this should be in the Wiki as the first and best Version 5 UPS plugin. Once sorted, definitely worth putting it in the User Customization thread. 

I uploaded a new beta with the ability to toggle the Full UPS Status Display

• 3 weeks later...

The unMENU plugin used to send me an email yet when I lost power this time, I got no email.  For reference, I'm using SimpleFeatures' SMTP support and passing the UPS through on ESXi.  UPS is recognized and managed, just no emails on power loss.  I can't check the server now since the Northeast is still out of power, but has anyone else run into these issues?