What settings do I want for a mirrored cache drive - RAID 0 or RAID 1?

wayner

I have had one 500GB NVME SSD as my cache disk and I am moving to 2x500GB disks for my cache pool.  I did this a few minutes ago and have set it up as a ZFS drive. It defaulted to RAID0 and it shows a size of 922GB for the cache pool.  I am guessing that is wrong as I should only have about 500GB available, is that not right?

What settings should I have?  I am guessing that it should be RAID 1, correct?

And what about compression?  I have a pretty fast CPU (core i5-11400), so I want compression On, do I not? 

What about Autotrim and enable user share assignment?  What should they be set to?  Both drives are NVME SSDs.

And what do I have to do to change the RAID setting from 1 to 0 if that is the correct course of action?  Move all files off of the disk with Mover?  Then do I have to Erase the drive or do something else to change that setting?  And what do I have to change, if anything, in the settings for the second cache drive?

Since no one gave me any advice, I used mover to move all files back to the array again.  I erased the drive.  Then I changed the RAID type to mirror and restarted the array and used mover to move the system and appdata shares back to the cache.

So I am now working properly with a mirrored two disk ZFS cache pool.