Disable Automatic Parity Drive Missing Warning?

I'm running unRAID Plus on a secondary server used purely for backups. In this situation, write speed is important and parity protection is not.

This works fine except that I'm constantly (once per hour) getting emailed warnings:

ERROR: The unRaid array needs attention. One or more disks are disabled or invalid.

Disk 0=DISK_DSBL_NP

Server Name: UNRAID-02

Server IP: 192.168.1.14

Date: Sun Oct  2 08:47:02 UTC 2011

Can I disable warnings for the absence of a valid parity drive while still receiving warnings for all other events?

Many thanks.

I'm running unRAID Plus on a secondary server used purely for backups. In this situation, write speed is important and parity protection is not.

This works fine except that I'm constantly (once per hour) getting emailed warnings:

ERROR: The unRaid array needs attention. One or more disks are disabled or invalid.

Disk 0=DISK_DSBL_NP

Server Name: UNRAID-02

Server IP: 192.168.1.14

Date: Sun Oct  2 08:47:02 UTC 2011

Can I disable warnings for the absence of a valid parity drive while still receiving warnings for all other events?

Many thanks.

Sure, just modify the script you installed.  (It is a customization you added)

Change this line:

/root/mdcmd status | strings >/tmp/array_status

to

/root/mdcmd status | strings | grep -v "Disk 0" >/tmp/array_status

Then, change the name of the .conf file from

add an additional line in it

#AUTO_UPDATE=NO

Use the conf file view/edit feature built into unMENU to perform the edit.

The added line will keep it from being replaced if you check for updates.  (It will think it is out-of-date since its checksum will no longer match that expected)

Joe L.

Archived