After upgrading to 6.12.6 I can no longer access web gui or any shares etc?

Johnny T

Hi all

My Unraid server alerted me to the new version available for download so I allowed it to download and clicked to reboot.

I went away to do something but returned 20 minutes later and it still wasn't up and running?

I plugged a monitor/keyboard into my server and it seemed to be working normally but I logged in and typed "poweroff" and then rebooted it. Again, it appears to boot normally (see below) ?

IMG_20231211_142406.thumb.jpg.d86820c52ab7aa5ff9a0fa363e431502.jpg

Still no access to the WebGUI or any shared drives etc. So I tried to boot into Safe Mode with GUI but then I get this...

IMG_20231211_145158.thumb.jpg.1d8785a7769a13eda20570e626f9859e.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by Johnny T
3 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

What version did you upgrade from?  If it was 6.11.5 or earlier, did you read the release notes for the 6.12.X releases?  (There were networking changes that did impact some users.) 

I upgraded from the last version (my Unraid was up to date when it told me about the new version). I didn't read the patch notes though. I just clicked the "Update" button.

I'll see if I can find the patch notes and have a read. I'm assuming you didn't see anything untoward in the diagnostics then?

Thanks for all your help

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Type 

use_ssl no

and then see if the GUI is accessible using the link below (click on it):

http://192.168.86.5

I did try that earlier but to no avail unfortunately.

I've ended up using the USB Creator to overwrite my USB with a backup I have from last week.

I'll just hold off upgrading again until we maybe go to the next version and then try it again.

Many thanks 🙂