[SCRIPT] Automate Traefik labels with xdotool

Since adding a bunch of Traefik labels to every container is a pain I created a simple script with xdotool to automate the process

The script is available HERE

You need to install xdotool to run it.

There is currently a bug so for now mouse clicks must be used.
Therefore you need to find the right coordinates yourself like explained in the script header.

Not sure if it works on Windows natively yet, but I guess you can just use WSL to run it.

Have fun with all the time you saved adding labels manually. :)

Edited by Fallen94
Added demo video
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for creating this script!  I'm very interested in getting this working.  Can you please provide a bit more info for how to get this up and running? 

I'm not familiar with xdotool and cannot find a way to install it on unraid.  Every google search I run for the combination of xdotool and unraid lands me on this post or one of your other ones where you were figuring it out. 

A video of you using this script would probably be worth 1,000 words as well as it's not totally clear how/where this script is run even once it's installed (or I'm just a neophyte and need a bit more spoon feeding than you originally planned for) :). I'd love to get it working, thanks in advance for the pointers!

xdotool lets you simulate keyboard input and mouse activity, move and resize windows, etc. It's not installed on Unraid, it's on your own computer to simulate clicks and keyboard input.
You should run it in your linux terminal. If you use MacOS xdotool should work natively, if you're on Windows then maybe WSL or some other hack to get it working.

• Like 1