Need help.. new hba card issues.

DevXen

My hba card went out (I think) so I got a new one. Put it in. Set it to HBA mode. All my drives said wrong. Looking it up online it said it said to do a new config and that should fix it. However it says on the parity drives all the data will be overwritten. 

One of my drives was in the middle of rebuilding so it needs to be rebuilt.

Here's some History...

I got a notification that 2 drives were disabled due to write errors. So I replaced them let them rebuild. 2 days later I woke up to an email saying 2 drives were disabled due to read errors, one being one that I replaced. - I ran chkdsk on Uber 2 I already replaced looking for bad sectors. Took like a week but not drives were fine..

So I decided to rebuild one of the disabled drives on it's self. Things were going well so I left. They got an email that another drive had gotten over 300 read errors.. like an hour later. So I shut down the server until I could replace my controller card. 

So now I've replaced it. All the drives said they were wrong when j tried to assign them. But looking it up online it said to do a new config. But now I'm assigning them it says all existing data on will be overwritten when array starts. 

I saw I can click at the bottom parity is valid.. will that stop it from being overwritten when I start it. and do I then stop it. Unassigned the disk that needs to be rebuilt then start the array then stop it then reassign. It. Then start the array to rebuild it?

knowing it needs to rebuild and onto has partial data will that cause an issue when I start the array?

thanks,

-Dev

Screenshot_20231211_162109_Chrome.png

9 hours ago, DevXen said:

One of my drives was in the middle of rebuilding so it needs to be rebuilt.

This can be a problem, doing a new config in the middle of a rebuild, also depending on the previous controller, I assume it a was a RAID controller? Drives may not even mount after a new config with a new controller, if you can I would recommend trying to at least finish the rebuild with the old controller, since it looks like you are not sure it's bad.