Has anybody built a sub 20watt (idle) server WITH hardware transcoding?

MicroGenius

Just seeing what's possible. I recently added a m.2 to SATA adapter to a Dell micro. With the HDD enclosure and second PSU I idle around 35-40watts. 

That's not terrible and the i7-11700 does a great job with transcoding. I had 2 UHD and 2 HD transcodes going and my CPU usage was around 30%

It's probably not worth it to build another system, but I've read that the B550/5700 cand idle as low as 14w. The obvious CON to this setup is the lack of intels quick sync. The PRO is that many of these motherboards accept ECC memory. 

So that begs the question. Is the Intel arc unraid capable? I've seen posts elsewhere mention that at idle consumption on the a770 can be as low as 1w! However, the card is capable of 250w. 

Are they capable of transcoding and keeping overall consumption still low? I think it's a fun challenge to build a light server that doesn't miss out on anything, whether that's ECC memory or HW transcoding