Google TV + Logitech Revue - $90 shipped

Rajahal

I wonder if it is able to run 720p and 1080p movies without any issues and also if it is able to run XBMC Live with alternative skins without any sketchiness. Probably a better question for another forum though...

Might want to look in to an AppleTV 2 and jailbreaking it. That'll do 1080p and it's $85 refurbished with free shipping on the Apple online store. I have one that I have Plex on (along with XBMC but I prefer the Plex look on the ATV2) with the Plex Media Server on my unraid server and it works like a charm. And it's so small I have it mounted to the back of a TV completely out of view. It's only a little bigger than an hockey puck.

I wonder if it is able to run 720p and 1080p movies without any issues and also if it is able to run XBMC Live with alternative skins without any sketchiness. Probably a better question for another forum though...

Might want to look in to an AppleTV 2 and jailbreaking it. That'll do 1080p and it's $85 refurbished with free shipping on the Apple online store. I have one that I have Plex on (along with XBMC but I prefer the Plex look on the ATV2) with the Plex Media Server on my unraid server and it works like a charm. And it's so small I have it mounted to the back of a TV completely out of view. It's only a little bigger than an hockey puck.

From the specs, it seems like AppleTV2 will play those 1080p video formats but it doesn't have the 1080 resolution, is that correct?

From the specs, it seems like AppleTV2 will play those 1080p video formats but it doesn't have the 1080 resolution, is that correct?

I was bored so I jailbroke mine, it would play 1080p content but only outputs 720p.  I think it's the original atv1 that can do 1080p with the crystal hd card added to it? or maybe I'm thinking of something else

The apple tv is just a fairly cheap decent quality product, the default non xbmc non-jailbroken capabilities are not too bad, the front row interface is actually nicely polished (not surprising from apple) and if you use itunes for any movie purchases or rentals etc it offers a nice 10 foot interface to your library, it streams netflix competently, it's small (bordering on tiny really) and with basically just a power cord and hdmi cable it's hooked up and ready to go.

once jailbroken you can install XBMC on it and playback of any 720p content works pretty much flawlessly and 1080p content works too but very high bitrate may choke it up.  The output it still limited to 720p.  for 100 bucks it's not a bad deal.