VM CRASHES AFTER UPDATE TO 6.12.6

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

unfortunately when i update to 6.12.6, VM freezes, i cant do anything in it. pegs my cpus 100%, i have to force stop the VM, but on 6.11 i'm completely fine.  so something is w the new update is causing the conflict w/ VM only.  the dockers seem to work.  i had to rollback because i need the VM.  so until i can figure this out i have to stay on 6.11.  however, being on 6.11 i dont have access to apps to update.  real dilemma here if someone can help me fix the issue.  apparently multiple users are having very similar issues or the same issue.  running on an HP DL380-G7 so everything is intel as far as the NIC as i'm using the onboard.  i'm not running an adaptec HBA.

i've attached diagnostics log.  any help is appreciated as i'm stuck on 6.11 until this can be fixed.

blacksheep2-diagnostics-20231209-1444.zip

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 8:59 AM, JorgeB said:

ok so i tried the above and still get the same problem.  immediate freeze on the new VM when opening firefox to just test the browser.  new diagnostics attached.  i tried playing around in the VM before pointing it back to my old one and it seemed to work ok.  is there something wrong with the old VM files?  i have a vdisk1 for the OS and vdisk2 for storage.

blacksheep2-diagnostics-20240113-1846.zip

Edited by sirhotness

so basically the next solution is to start from scratch on the VM by reinstalling everything.  hopefully i can just point to the vdisk2 since it's separate otherwise that's going to be a pain to copy.

thank you for all the help.  once everything is back up in running i will close this thread as a solution.

• 2 months later...

just wanted to finally report back in case anyone else needs help.  i had to reinstall the vm from scratch after i updated to the new 6.12.8 OS, then i pointed it to vdisk 2 and reinstalled all programs etc on vm fresh and it worked no problem.

• Like 1