Any 2TB hard drives on good deal?

opentoe

Been looking for a good deal on 2TB hard drives? These days I won't buy anything retail or without some kind of rebate since they do pop up all the time. I'm usually just too late. I prefer the Hitachi drives lately, but I guess the Western Digital isn't bad either.

WD20EARS are on sale for $69 with free shipping at Newegg today...

Consider it ~$80 because you will need to RMA this item after a week.

Not completely true.  Just got two myself and only have to RMA one of them this time.  Last time I ordered two from newegg I went though 8 drives before I got two that worked (finally had to RMA to Western Digital directly to get those two working).  Had better luck with WDEARS on Amazon got two good ones and didn't have to RMA either about 6 months ago.

WD20EARS are on sale for $69 with free shipping at Newegg today...

Consider it ~$80 because you will need to RMA this item after a week.

Not completely true.  Just got two myself and only have to RMA one of them this time.  Last time I ordered two from newegg I went though 8 drives before I got two that worked (finally had to RMA to Western Digital directly to get those two working).  Had better luck with WDEARS on Amazon got two good ones and didn't have to RMA either about 6 months ago.

I just order 4 WD20EARS from newegg and, after running 3 preclear cycles on them, had to RMA 3 of the drives.

Archived