Flash drive failed on Trial version of Unraid

Go to solution Solved by Vetteman,

I am currently a registered user of Unraid Pro since Nov 2021 and love the product.

Being impressed by the stability of Unraid and ease of use, I decided I would like try to consolidate the shares on my Ubuntu server and  Windows 10 storage pools server into a 2nd Unraid server.

So I downloaded a 30 day trial version of Unraid. However I ran into a few hardware issues.  I am also primary caregiver for my 93 year old Dad who started to have some health issues during the 30 day trial period.

I recently was granted a 15 day extension which will be expiring Jan 6th.

Yesterday during bootup my San Disk  started reporting errors about sda1  over Christmas. 

So I purchased a new Lexar 32gb USB 2.0 from Stables on New Years Eve Day.

I have been backing up both my registered Unraid's flash drive and trial's flash drive.  last backup was yesterday.

I used your flash drive creator to create a new bootable drive on the Lexar. And copied the config folder from my backup to the new Lexar. Everything booted up fine except I am getting the notice my Flash drive's GUIDis mismatched.

I tried the using the replace key but it appears it is only works on registered servers not trial as I got the following message when I tried it. Array and Pools have proper assignments and  unassigned devices are ok. Of course the array will not start due to the issue.

"

Registration key / USB Flash GUID mismatch
The license key file does not correspond to the USB Flash boot device. Please copy the correct key file to the /config directory on your USB Flash boot device.

You may also attempt to Purchase or Replace your key.

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"KeyFile is not registered with Lime Technology - please contact support and provide your Keyfile."}} "

How do I reactivate the remaining days on my trial on the new flash drive? II can not find anything on the forum, I can only find registered  flash drives, not trial. I had some downtime today and was hoping to play with the trial a bit more before deciding if I want to purchase a new  plus or pro key.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

• Solution

Thanks kindly for your reply. If I request a new trial with the flash drive, then I would have to manually reassign all the drives and not be able to copy the config folder from the old to new flash drive?

Re-assigning drives to the array is not a big deal as I do have screen shots of the array assignment.